Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about trying to find a bit of joy from the dark place we are currently in?

I shall start with the goats that have wandered down from the Great Orme to take over the deserted streets of Llandudno.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was sat in my home office/dining room tapping away at my laptop earlier, when a ****ing great big heron landed on the garage roof.

Despite having the reactions of a cat, I was unable to get a picture before it moved onto the roof of another house. As I took aim, the bloody thing moved again so what you see below is the best I could do.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
We have 2 families of red kites in trees near me. Love watching them soar. They get very close to the house too. Wondering what size bird table I'd need to get them to land for a photo and what treat to entice them?

I'm sure they respond to the beeps with a cry out when I lock and unlock the Giulietta!

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
We generally put out seed and peanuts for the birds - I love seeing them flit here and there outside the window. Can't get any at the moment due to the lockdown. Sorry birdies.

·
Registered
11,448 Posts
Peace and quiet to enjoy increased birdsong, and fresher air for the birdies to sing in.

And as ADF said, hardly any planes in the sky.

·
Administrator
45,538 Posts
There's been a few stories about wildlife moving back into towns and cities around the world. Amazing how quickly it has happened. I wonder what changes encourage them? Just the quiet, or something smell based?

·
Administrator
45,538 Posts
Unrelated, but a thing to be happy about nonetheless. I just got Disney+, and using it to show the film Blackbeard's Ghost to my daughter. Hearing her laugh aloud at a film which I adored as a kid is delightful.

How excellent is Peter Ustinov in that film? He's entirely responsible for me knowing the words to Hearts of Oak.

·
Registered
14,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unrelated, but a thing to be happy about nonetheless. I just got Disney+, and using it to show the film Blackbeard's Ghost to my daughter. Hearing her laugh aloud at a film which I adored as a kid is delightful.

How excellent is Peter Ustinov in that film? He's entirely responsible for me knowing the words to Hearts of Oak.
My kids are 17 and 22 and are both now furloughed. They have invested is Disney+. Tom says it's changed his life.

In other news, pretty much every house on our street joined in the 8pm appreciation of the NHS. I got quite emotional.

I quite like everyone being nice.

·
Registered
6,261 Posts
My cable company is now offering a host of extra channels for free. A lot of them are cartoon or kids channels-- I guess it's a goodwill effort (or sneaky marketing) to help parents keep at-home children entertained.

The next biggest portion of now freely available channels, however aren't kiddies' shows. They're hunting/fishing/shooting/gun channels. I really question the wisdom of showing people who are already panicked and going stir crazy with cabin fever and worries about their jobs TV shows about gun usage and making your own bullets and shooting stuff in wide open spaces. :eek:

·
Administrator
45,538 Posts
My kids are 17 and 22 and are both now furloughed. They have invested is Disney+. Tom says it's changed his life.

In other news, pretty much every house on our street joined in the 8pm appreciation of the NHS. I got quite emotional.

I quite like everyone being nice.
Disney+ gives you up to 10 profiles, and 4 concurrent devices showing material per account.

So I hope they only got one account between them - and ask them for the log in details. :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
We have 2 families of red kites in trees near me. Love watching them soar. They get very close to the house too. Wondering what size bird table I'd need to get them to land for a photo and what treat to entice them?

I'm sure they respond to the beeps with a cry out when I lock and unlock the Giulietta!
We have a resident family, which we regularly feed. I know some folk disagree with feeding raptors....but what‘s the difference between feeding them and giving the songbirds nuts and suet? Both the male and female come extremely close to us....showing caution but no fear. Each year they raise 2-4 chicks in the trees above our cattle barns. We then feed the young as well for a few months, so they have a better chance of surviving their first winter

1 - 20 of 235 Posts