Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you all know have only just found this site when I am a dire situation.

Was caught in a floor in my lovely, well look after GTV (I love her!) and a 4 x 4 hit a bank and all this water came at me. Well I was soooo scare (as I dont like water and cant swim) I was surround by 4 foot of water and stuck in my car in this lane.

The b***** in the 4 x 4 went off on his merry way and left me there!!!

I phoned at 8.45 am the RAC panicking and eventually turned up at 11am. By this time the water was still rising and I was in a state stuck in my car dressed in a suit for work.

Well my car was eventually hauled out and went to the garage and I need a new recon engine, a cata converter and the gear box needs draining. The labour cost alone is £1,300.00 and that excludes parts. The Insurance company has taken 1 1/2weeks to get out there to assess and I feel they will write it off and offer me only £2,500 as its on a 1996 year.

I am very very very upset. Just like to say though that GTV's are lovely cars if someone doesnt turn you over when you buy one i.e. what happend to Ian earlier on this forum.

Well thats my sorry tail - from A sad tigger!!!!!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard. You're right that is a tale of woe. Hope you stick with Alfa - there are some good bargains to be had out there for the money you are getting.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Unlucky mate, buy another Alfa, learn to swim, find the 4x4 & let his tyres down. oh & by the way welcome

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Welcome to AO AT :)

That's sad story and I hope the FWD pilot meets his destiny against a brick wall next time.

Stay with the GTV: - If your car is in fact a write-off then look for another good'n at a sensible price. I've never had the opportunity to drive a GTV but I do know that if I did then my face would crack with the inane Alfa Grin :D :D

AM

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
AlfaMartini said:
Welcome to AO AT :)

That's sad story and I hope the FWD pilot meets his destiny against a brick wall next time.

Stay with the GTV: - If your car is in fact a write-off then look for another good'n at a sensible price. I've never had the opportunity to drive a GTV but I do know that if I did then my face would crack with the inane Alfa Grin :D :D

AM
What AM said :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts