about spiders but I just had a real
"What the hell is that on the wall !?!"
moment. (Didn't have glasses on. :eek:)

Poor baby Gecko. :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
AAAARRRRGGGHHHH I hope you stamped on it. I would just have run away I hate things like that! Slugs, chickens, frogs and rats yuck!!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude, they eat mozzies. Therefore they are cool critters! :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Thats good then but I am not good with things like that! I go round my friends house who has a lizard/iguana and I wont go in if its out! What a wuss!

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
lots of big spiders about the house at the moment. Just saw one wrapping up a fly for its dinner :cool:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yep, get plenty of them here too. If I manage to catch a small one I do tend to feed my Trantula with it as it is kind of partial to a bit of fresh meat from time to time... Quite a horrible way to go I suspect! :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm assuming they're not a common sight thus to justify the WTF reaction? :)

I see them all the time here. Cool looking critters, but totally wrecked one of our aircon units after breeding inside one of them. :eek:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
One of my mates 10yo son wants a Gecko for his birthday ...

... no was the answer!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
When I was in Barbados, I read that if one lands on your face while you are asleep or something, they become a bit shocked and grip your face (with their very large paws).

The only way to get them off is scolding hot water! :eek:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Dude, they eat mozzies. Therefore they are cool critters! :thumbs:
What He Said !! :D

Next one you get Nev... box it up and send it to me please ;) (We're plagued by mozzies @ home :()

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Aw, cute ! We've got loads of newts in our garden.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think they're cool. They have a nasty bite though.

The other day I was round my mate's and a spider as big as my hand launched itself out of the fireplace straight at my mate. I swear it was charging at him. I was just about to grab it when my mate reacted by slamming it into the carpet with the remote control. I've never seen him move so fast, I think the terror got him.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm usually a fan of spiders as they eat flies and don't bother you (normally Jimmer lol)

A few years ago i was spraying some car parts in my cellar and had left them to dry. I came back a the next day and lifted up one of the parts and found one of these below:

It stood up on its back 4 legs trying to make itself seem big, and then i saw its fangs!!!

its one of only 2 spiders in the UK that bites humans but it isn't poisonous.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Must admit I was a little freaked the first time one ventured into my room in South Africa, but now it's no biggie whenever I return :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I'm usually a fan of spiders as they eat flies and don't bother you (normally Jimmer lol)

A few years ago i was spraying some car parts in my cellar and had left them to dry. I came back a the next day and lifted up one of the parts and found one of these below:

It stood up on its back 4 legs trying to make itself seem big, and then i saw its fangs!!!

its one of only 2 spiders in the UK that bites humans but it isn't poisonous.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
About a month or so past, I swept the cobwebs around the garage windows away, and a biggie disappeared into a hole in the mortar.
Yesterday I found a corpse which looked like him, so I guess I deprived him of his hunting ground, and his food store , poor old thing.:(:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts