Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Should I register to vote this year?

• Yes, It's Your Duty!

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No, You're basically a johnny-foreigner now!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received the annual letter from
the Electoral Registrar and I have to
fill in a 4 page form again to keep me on
the electoral register in the UK.

I'm bored doing this every friggin'
year.

So this year I'm putting it to a vote:

Should I return my voting registration this year?

You all get to decide!

Poll closes on Friday.
I will abide by the winning option.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Yes, because although you're a Johnny Foreigner now we want to be able to blame YOU when whoever gets in messes up the country again :D

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Our forefathers fought for the right of the "common man" to be able to vote. For me it's a must.

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
I think it should be compulsory to vote in major elections, like it is in Australia.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
By the way, IMO it Is your duty to vote so long as there is a space on the ballot sheet saying "None of the unworthy Tossers above", then we'd hear a bit less of this fictitious "voter apathy' the politicians like to hide behind. I don't believe it is our duty to vote when we don't consider ANY of the candidates up to the job.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Labour - road prcing, illegal wars, refuse to listen to the electorate. Prisions full, speed cameras everywhere, offenders vanishing
Torys - will say anything to get a vote. Have now hooked up with the green lobby as climate change is the 'in' thing at the moment. Want to bring back hunting with dogs. I am old enough to remember the corrupt and sleaze ridden ministry of the early 90's
LIb Dem - wnat everyone to go by bus, just imagine what they will do to transport
Greens - you are joking, right?
BNP/UKIP - Don't even deserve comment

so will I be registering? No. There is nobody to vote for, and I will not give any of the above a vote just because it is the 'right' thing to do

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As Per the wishes of the majority, the completed
form is now in the "out" post tray.

:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts