Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am going to disconnect negative terminal of battery (as suggested on other forum:tut:!!!) to see if this resolves some issues with the Blue & (Sh*ttin')Me.
Once disconnected and reconnected after 30 minutes what issues will this present, if any, aside from the obvious resetting date and time?

Do I need to enter the radio code?

Cheers
BB

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Am going to disconnect negative terminal of battery (as suggested on other forum:tut:!!!) to see if this resolves some issues with the Blue & (Sh*ttin')Me.
Once disconnected and reconnected after 30 minutes what issues will this present, if any, aside from the obvious resetting date and time?

Do I need to enter the radio code?

Cheers
BB
It should present no issues and the standard radio should not need a code, mine never did.:)

·
Registered
583 Posts
No issues with my 2006 3.2 Brera. Just reset clock and windows. ;)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It will also reset some (bit not all) non-standard options from the left stalk menu (eg FDA)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just make sure you get the connection nice and tight.
On the Spider I had windows (lower down fully-raise fully), doors/boot (shut all, lock-unlock-lock again) clock, radio didnt need a code or reset.
If you get any warning codes after then its probably down to the terminal connection, make sure the quick release is pushed down hard before locking off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just to add to this, I need to change my battery.
What happens when you take both terminals off, does this present further issues or is it a simple DIY process?

Cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ok, battery changed everything fine except engine warning light stays on and check engine indicator.
I guess this is not uncommon, any ideas.....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
ODB Reader or ECUMultiscan are the options now.
Free version of later will allow you to at least read the errors

·
Registered
130 Posts
Was it on before you changed the battery?
No, but hear goes.
Battery was totally flat, so left it overnight.
This morning fitted new battery and engine warning light appeared, so I went for a 10mile drive and everything is fine but still the warning light.
I was about to use the ODB reader and thought I'll just disconnect the negative battery lead for 10mins and see if it resets the ecu and voila, engine warning light gone.
I'm guessing it was because the battery was totally flat and car was without power for a long time....

Thanks anyway guys

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
I had that on the TBi.

Engine light would pop on but clear after a battery reset.

In the end it turned out to be one of the exhaust sensors IIRC.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Forgot to mention, can a duff battery effect mpg? my thinking being the alternator overworking.
Since new battery installed & ecu reset my mpg seems better, maybe me just being hopeful.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts