Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Nice one mate, I have a stepfront as well, in storage though as I am busy restoring my sud currently, youve maybe seen the thread on my sud project. Good luck with the junior :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one mate, I have a stepfront as well, in storage though as I am busy restoring my sud currently, youve maybe seen the thread on my sud project. Good luck with the junior :)
I have been following your project and I hope to achieve a similar standard with this.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Very nice Richard :D , nearly bagged a 1300 junior many years ago .Good luck with the project :D

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Initial survey of the rust is that the top is not bad but the bottom is very rotten - Flintstones car. There is almost nothing holding the drivers 'a' post to the cill, when you open the door the post can be wiggled. The rest should be straighforward bu time consuming. I will also need a proper engine and some front seats, think the current engine might be from a s3/s4 Spider.

I budget about 2 years and £lots - so seriously anyone after a nice Alfasud?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
very nice looking indeed,how much you looking for it
Right now as I would avoid having to get a lock up from the council for the winter I would want £3k, no haggling. I was planning to advertise after Christmas at that price. If it didn't sell then, it would stay in hibernation until the summer when I would use it again for a while and then attempt to sell again after National Alfa day for about £3.5k.

I've had it over 20 years so not keen to sell really, but daft having 2 summer use only cars.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Work has finally started properly, the Alfasud going has given me the focus I needed to get this project moving.

The car is 90% stripped to a rolling shell and my first batch of new panels have arrived. I'm starting at the back at working forwards.

P1010067.jpg P1010068.jpg

P1010025.jpg P1010024.jpg

The sharped eyed might spotted the colied air lines hanging down each side of the car:cool:

·
AO Silver Member
2,073 Posts
Well Richard you've certainly got yourself a BIG project! Good luck and look forward to seeing the end result :cool:

From
Lesley and David in sunny Algarve :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts