Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around for a replacement car and my eye has turned to Alfas again, problem is, I'm having trouble narrowing it down much from there! I don't have any special requirements form a car other than it looks good and is fast, so far I've got it down to a 156 or a GTV but never having driven either I'm struggling to go further, I've looked on the various car sites, Parkers etc but they don't go into much detail. Can people on here give me real world experience of the 2 with good and bad points?

Oh, budget is £3.5k

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......:HAPPY:.....first step taken. I think your budget is plenty to get you a very nice 156 or GTV. Look in the diferent lounges or click on FAQ if your unsure how to navigate the forum. In the lounges you will find plenty of advice, help and all the good and bad points to look for. Both are great cars, you need to decide lots of things, look for members in your area and I'm sure that someone will meet you and let you see their car . There may be monthly meets in your area, go along and meet the members, I have and they are a friendly lot. Hope this has been of some help, good luck in your search..:HAPPY:.....I'd get a GTV, but thats only cos I did...:p

·
Registered
13,315 Posts
I'd get a Gtv too, they look different from any other car out there and they're beautifully styled (OK as I own one I may be a bit biased :)). And seeing as you've got a reasonable budget, you might as well go for the V6 (I've never even driven one but I've heard they're the mutts nutts).

·
Registered
38,892 Posts
You would get a pretty good V6 GTV for 3.5k, or if you need a bit more space check out a 156 V6.

If you go for a 156 look for one with a sport/veloce pack as they handle better.

V

·
0 Posts
i have a 156 and need the boot space / back seats

having driven a gtv i would go for one in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the space

get a tidy v6 for 3.5k, you'll be smiling like the joker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts