Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I need to ask a favour off members. Do we have any that live near Denby Dale ( HD8 ) who would have a set of old knackered wheels ( or even three more spare wheels ) that would fit a 147. I am hoping to refurb mine in the next couple of weeks but cant afford to have the car off the road for 4 or 5 days while I do it as I am back and forth from hospital on a regular basis ( One of the reasons I am doing it myself rather than try and find £230 to have them done by a pro ).

If you can help or know some one who can please PM me and ill give you my number.

·
Registered
11,916 Posts
Anybody live near Alfaworkshop in Royston? If so could you lend me a car for a day or so next time I take my 156 in for a service?

:)
:jester:
:xmas:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody live near Alfaworkshop in Royston? If so could you lend me a car for a day or so next time I take my 156 in for a service?

:)
:jester:
:xmas:

Well if you have insurance that covers you my daughter has a car that she cant use at the moment ( Shes not passed her test yet ) so if you ask nicely she may lend you it for a couple of days.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still can't follow what this has to do with Alfa in general?

I was simply asking if a member that lived near me had a spare set of old Alfa wheels i could borrow ( I would obviously leave something with them as security ), so I could take mine off to refurb them myself. Due to my poor health I cant afford £250 to have them refurbed by a company and at the same time I can't afford to have my car off the road for a week while I do it.

·
Registered
11,916 Posts
Well if you have insurance that covers you my daughter has a car that she cant use at the moment ( Shes not passed her test yet ) so if you ask nicely she may lend you it for a couple of days.
That's extremely kind and generous of you/her.
Perhaps she could lend it to you while you refurb your wheels?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's extremely kind and generous of you/her.
Perhaps she could lend it to you while you refurb your wheels?
If I could afford to insure it I would do so but I can't.

I'm concerned that refurbing wheels , for someone with poor health , may not be a good idea?
It is my only option as I can't afford the £250 I have been quoted to have someone do it....believe me I am not looking forward to the prospect of doing it but there is no way I can afford that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you tried asking your insurance company if you could swap the policy from your 147 to your daughter's car for the period required to do the refurb - they might not even charge for this?
I have no where to put the car in the meantime as I live on a busy road. With the new laws I know I would get a fine. Also there is no current MOT or Tax on my daughters car so they are off the road at the moment. Believe me I have tried everything and thought of everything...for the last month I have scoured Ebay / gumtree looking for a set of cheap, cheap old wheels I could use in the meantime and then sell on again.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
I've got plenty of Alfa wheels you could borrow, but not too close to you, unfortunately. I've a mate who lives near Halifax who probably has some if that would be any use.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've got plenty of Alfa wheels you could borrow, but not too close to you, unfortunately. I've a mate who lives near Halifax who probably has some if that would be any use.
That would be fantastic if you could...if you drop me a PM ill give you my details etc.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a set of 147 15s you're welcome to borrow, but I'm in west London. If you can find someone to pick them up for you, you're welcome to the loan, or you can buy them off me for 50 for the set, with legal tyres? I'm easy either way.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts