Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 2.0 GTV with 17s, rear spoiler and the little front bumper extension too if I'm lucky!

Most out there for sale either have just the 17" wheels or just the rear spoiler.
Looking at around £3K.

Either way I want to end up with the 17" teles and rear spoiler as my old one had neither, it was also red and tan so I want silver and black or something else totally different.

So my question to you all is what do you thinks the best option, if I buy one thats missing something that I want.
Is it easier/cheaper to get the wheels or the spoiler?
And are the little front bumper extensions still available to buy and if so how much?

Cheers for any help, opinions or advice! :thumbs:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Before I bought my car I thought about these options. Should I buy basic and stick all the fancy bits on or buy an Aero in the first place. I love the 17" wheels and kept looking around on Ebay too see what they sold for, but they very rarely appeared and if they did they were mega expensive.

The cup front air dam / splitter thingies can be bought here for £220. Personally I think it looks a bit OTT though, but I've been known to change my mind...

In the end I got an Aero with the 17" wheels and spoiler for the right price. I'm glad I waited.

James

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I have only ever seen one TS with the Aerokit, they are pretty rare as a factory spec.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are plenty with either the wheels or spoiler but not many with both.....and even fewer with the front lip.

Think your right saying the wheels are hard to find, so probably easier to get the spoilers fitted later.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Interesting thread.
I was wondering if my 99 TS is an "Aero" as it has rear spoiler, 17" teles and little plastic bits under front bumper, all factory fitted I understand.
See pic taken other day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I thought the Aero kit was just the rear spoiler and the black plastic front splitter, Surely it cannot be too difficult to add these to any standard TS ?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting thread.
I was wondering if my 99 TS is an "Aero" as it has rear spoiler, 17" teles and little plastic bits under front bumper, all factory fitted I understand.
See pic taken other day.
Yep thats exactly what I mean.....not selling it are you?? :D

I've had one without all those extra bits before, and coming from a GTA for some reason I want one with them this time! :rolleyes:

I Know the wheels are hard to find for sale, and the spoiler would maybe be around £500 to buy paint and fit.

The front part cant be expensive though, anyone ever bought it or an idea on price? :confused:

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
Personally I dont like any aerobits with wings and add ons and what not. I prefer the GTV clean and unmolested in its purest form.
I am 50/50 on the Aerokit. I used to prefer it to the unmolestsed shape, now I like either equally.

The proper Aerokit spoiler is just a small black strip. The larger one is the same as fitted to the cup models.

I think its referred to as a "cup splitter"

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am 50/50 on the Aerokit. I used to prefer it to the unmolestsed shape, now I like either equally.

The proper Aerokit spoiler is just a small black strip. The larger one is the same as fitted to the cup models.

I think its referred to as a "cup splitter"
I'm the same, last time I had a P2 Lusso with the 16s and no spoiler which I prefered but now I want something different and would rather it had both the spoiler and 17s are fitted. :thumbs:

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I think for best effect you shoukd get the cup style front wings as well.

Combined with the cup splitter it will look great.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yep thats exactly what I mean.....not selling it are you?? :D

I've had one without all those extra bits before, and coming from a GTA for some reason I want one with them this time! :rolleyes:

I Know the wheels are hard to find for sale, and the spoiler would maybe be around £500 to buy paint and fit.

The front part cant be expensive though, anyone ever bought it or an idea on price? :confused:
Would sell if I could find a nice black V6 that has low miles and black leather :)
Dont like cups-seats look cheap to me, and don't like red paint.:lol:
The front splitter is in 2 parts,joined in middle, one was broken when I got car and bought a new one from Alfa garage in Northampton about £30 IIRC
I think factory fitted spoilers do not have the rearlight in back window as there are red lights on spoiler.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Like I said the wheels 17" Zender Milano and tyres and the spoiler are worth as much as the car.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Would sell if I could find a nice black V6 that has low miles and black leather :)
Dont like cups-seats look cheap to me, and don't like red paint.:lol:
The front splitter is in 2 parts,joined in middle, one was broken when I got car and bought a new one from Alfa garage in Northampton about £30 IIRC
I think factory fitted spoilers do not have the rearlight in back window as there are red lights on spoiler.

Great, that means mine has the factory fitted aero kit and teledials :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cheers for the replies folks. :)

So that would be about £60 for the front splitter in total then, not too bad for a nice little addition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts