Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving around in the 156 with my mate the other night and he commented on how many looks the car kept getting from passers-by. He drives a 54 plate 1.4 Corolla blancmange and obviously isn't used to this sort of treatment from the general public bless him, I've grown pretty accustomed to it.

So we thought tonight after going to the pub we'd have a quick drive around the centre of Chester (boy racer stylee) just to see how much attention the car attracts. Nothing chavvy - just driving through the town centre past a few bars and clubs in 1st and 2nd with the CSC exhaust burbliung away. Satisfyingly a fairly large proportion of people clocked the car and had a little stare as it went past them. Quite a few obviously heard it coming and even looked round over their shoulder at it, and a few others clearly turned their heads to keep on looking as we drove by.

I may also have booted it to make the V6 sing as and when it was safe to do so, more for our aural enjoyment than anything else :eek:

Nice to see that your average gorgeous, sweet-sounding 9 year old Italian saloon can still turn the heads of your average night club customers though :cool:

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Nice better with age comes to mind:)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Happens all the time in the 166! :cool: People who dont know Alfa have not got a clue what a 166 is! A lot of people like Alfa,they just dont have the guts to buy one. They would rather go safe with a more reliable:lol: brand! (Ive never been left stranded by an Alfa)!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts