Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I have decided a need a car, fed up with using my Crafter van for private journeys when the wife's Focus isn't available for me to borrow. I think at 48 yrs I should get something a bit different and quick. My van will be left at our business premises which is only 3 miles away so I though about one of the pcp deals going. I was going to buy second hand but with 0% (or near as) you can't go wrong.

The mileage limit of 5k a year won't be a problem to me. I have seen a deal similar to the Mangoletsi deal, it is a new Veloce 240bhp, £24,995, dealer adds £2500, deposit of £3000, monthly repayments £249. This deal is only £130 more than the Mangoletsi deal over the four years. Could I get a better deal or should I try for some free extras thrown in, or do you think they are fairly strict with this deal? Personally I think its a great way to purchase this car.

Alfa red is free, is this a good colour for the veloce? I like white too or Magnesia......decisions. Also, I have a clean license and at 48 what will the insurance be like?

I have spoken to the salesrep over the phone, being self-employed partner I was worried I wouldnt get the finance but he came back after checks etc and said it was OK to take up the deal.

My next step is a test drive, I'm a bit worried about the wheels and tyres, road noise etc. All in all though I'm looking forward to having my own car again, it's not nice going shopping in a VW Crafter, fully sign written, you can't just nip about anywhere or park easily. :depressed:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello. You might want to take a look at Drive the Deal, who also offer PCP's, as the Veloce is priced at £21,839.04 in Alfa Red. I purchased my car from them and they simply put you in touch with the dealer, but the deals are a lot better.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello. You might want to take a look at Drive the Deal, who also offer PCP's, as the Veloce is priced at £21,839.04 in Alfa Red. I purchased my car from them and they simply put you in touch with the dealer, but the deals are a lot better.
OK, thanks for that, are the pcp deals interest free though?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The only thing I would be careful of with the PCP deal is the negative equity you'll be in for a bit, these Alfa's like to depreciate a bit over the first two years.

Have you looked at the deals you can get on the M135i? I'm looking at them at the moment 358 deposit and 358 a month over 48 months.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But over four years doesn't that even out a little so its not too bad?

Just had a look at the bm on youtube, awesome sound and acceleration, just think the veloce is more on my budget and I like the style.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Over 4 years it's fine, you won't be in negative equity, you'll just owe what the car is worth.

I just made the mistake of taking out a PCP when I change my cars too often.

·
Registered
562 Posts
OK, thanks for that, are the pcp deals interest free though?
Hello. The deals will be the same offered throughout all Alfa dealerships, as it will be an Alfa dealership you will be buying through and not Drive the Deal (they simply put you in touch with the dealer) but there is an option on the website to get a finance quote if it helps.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello. The deals will be the same offered throughout all Alfa dealerships, as it will be an Alfa dealership you will be buying through and not Drive the Deal (they simply put you in touch with the dealer) but there is an option on the website to get a finance quote if it helps.
I just submitted a finance enquiry, the drop-box was quite specific on deposit/term etc so I put down £5000 deposit over 4 years. Will see what comes back. thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just submitted a finance enquiry, the drop-box was quite specific on deposit/term etc so I put down £5000 deposit over 4 years. Will see what comes back. thanks. :thumbup:
No problems and good luck. I was very happy with the service and the price, so would definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problems and good luck. I was very happy with the service and the price, so would definitely recommend them.
Hi, drive the deal got back to me, it is interesting figures but depends if you want to keep the car after 4 years or not.

deposit £5000
price £21839
47 x 183
option to buy £9549

this deal is cheaper by £1100 over the 4 years if you give the car back. If you want to buy after 4 years you pay £271 more, not a lot in it really. I'm starting to wonder what to do.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the garage deal-

REPRESENTATIVE PCP FINANCE EXAMPLE
£24,995.00
ON THE ROAD PRICE
£2,500.00
DEALER DEPOSIT CONTRIBUTION
£3,000.00
CUSTOMER DEPOSIT
£19,495.00
AMOUNT OF CREDIT
48 months
DURATION OF CONTRACT
£249.16
47 PAYMENTS OF
£8,169.00
OPTIONAL FINAL PAYMENT (INC. £10.00 OPTION FEE)
£374.52
TOTAL INTEREST
£22,879.52
TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE BY CUSTOMER
0.65%
RATE OF INTEREST (FIXED)
0.70%
REPRESENTATIVE APR

This is drive the deal price-

OTR £21839
deposit £5000
47 x £183
final payment £9549

2.6%

Can anyone see which is the best deal? thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is the garage deal-

£24,995.00
ON THE ROAD PRICE
£2,500.00
£3,000.00
CUSTOMER DEPOSIT
£19,495.00
AMOUNT OF CREDIT
48 months
DURATION OF CONTRACT
£249.16
47 PAYMENTS OF
£8,169.00
£374.52
TOTAL INTEREST
£22,879.52
0.65%
RATE OF INTEREST (FIXED)
0.70%
REPRESENTATIVE APR

OTR £21839
deposit £5000
47 x £183
final payment £9549

2.6%

Can anyone see which is the best deal? thanks. :thumbup:

Is the on the road price correct, or does this already include the dealer contribution, as I thought the retail price was close to 29K?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the on the road price correct, or does this already include the dealer contribution, as I thought the retail price was close to 29K?
Yep, OTR 24,995 then they contribute 2,500 making it 22,495.

·
Registered
562 Posts
You might want to check that with the dealer as Drive the Deal have the RRP at £28,402. Alfa also state the RRP is £28,485 so not sure the dealer has that right for a Veloce.

·
Registered
36,837 Posts
Judging by the offers people have had for trading these in after a year or so ,at half list price, I suggest you'll be in negative equity for the first 47 months.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Judging by the offers people have had for trading these in after a year or so ,at half list price, I suggest you'll be in negative equity for the first 47 months.
Are you saying it would be better to buy second hand? I have seen these for around £5k less at around 17/18 thousand £. , a year old. Thing is, I can't see the half list price available at dealers. Yes, I could buy for cash but the interest free deals are sensible?

·
Registered
36,837 Posts
The choice is yours and remember the £17k equates to 14 or so trade-in value. If you're worried about negative-equity you'll need £5k or more in the bank as I did when I bought my new Giulietta in 2011.

·
Registered
36,837 Posts
This is the garage deal-

£24,995.00
ON THE ROAD PRICE
£2,500.00
£3,000.00
CUSTOMER DEPOSIT
£19,495.00
AMOUNT OF CREDIT
48 months
DURATION OF CONTRACT
£249.16
47 PAYMENTS OF
£8,169.00
£374.52
TOTAL INTEREST
£22,879.52
0.65%
RATE OF INTEREST (FIXED)
0.70%
REPRESENTATIVE APR

OTR £21839
deposit £5000
47 x £183