Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. Ever insurance claim ever, after 27 years...New hood, new bumper & 2 new set of frontlights & my baby should be as good as new again..& now that it did happend...Why not having bambi to hang around for a couple of days before (s)he goes in the freezer :)

Be careful out there...It decided to jump from other side of road when i had no chance whatsoever to avoid it without risking killing myselv..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
nasty, glad no one was hurt. we're not allowed to keep them over here. there's some good eating there.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Glad you're in high spirits, even the most minor of scrapes ruins a whole week for me.

Reactions: Chipmik

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you're in high spirits, even the most minor of scrapes ruins a whole week for me.
Yeah, it hurt...But now that it did happen, there´s nothing i can do about it, no matter how sad it is for Bambi & the car.

It happened yesterday & i´m visiting my garage in 1½ hour to get it inspected for the Insurance, which is totally free for me when hitting wild animals this size. Car is 9 years old, so no real pain in getting front replaced, which anyway had been replaced or repainted before i bought her 3 years ago :) & hey, after all...Cars only a mechanical dead thing, i´m just happy i didnt get hurt by, estimated, 50 Kg of delicious tasting flying animal :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ahh I see, would you be just as happy to have the work done to fix up your car if your insurance wouldn't cover the cost though? Think that would be the case in the UK as I'm not aware of any insurance coverage accounting for wild animals.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh I see, would you be just as happy to have the work done to fix up your car if your insurance wouldn't cover the cost though? Think that would be the case in the UK as I'm not aware of any insurance coverage accounting for wild animals.
Prob. Not :) Would cost me 600£ if they hadnt made this change in the spring, but it would have happend anyway yesterday, so helped a mood a bit when she told me that :)

Seems like oil & intercoller also is to be changed + all in front of that as well...Very lucky (too) that its still driveable until monday when she goes in the garage for her mid-life update :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damage worth £5500 to her...! But still being rebuild as similar car sells for approx £12000...Danish tax is 180% on new cars ;-)

Car will have a all around repaint, (except roof which looks like new) (+ 500£), most expensive (450£) Dinitrol anti-rust treatment which she really need. Not bad to have a new car on outside for 950£ :)

So another 3 weeks (2 of them due to me beeing at work), and my black beauty will be on the road again :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shes back after the paintjob & rusttreatment :)

P.s. Never EVER let your daughter disturb you while putting on the new cambelt so you go inside for lunch & forget to tighten belt....

Attachments

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Second time this this thread that you must have crapped your pants!
Getting addicted :banana: Normally im totally hysteric when touching so critical parts...But luckily i learned my lesson on this one without other prize than 4 hours in the driveway & a new belt :classic:

P.S. Unfortunately...No pictures of the pants before they were washed :hehe: I drove it for 1000 Km like that..Believe or not......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts