Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it's been mentioned on the Giulia section but I think this is a very important event. The success of this car will influence what cars we'll be driving over the next number of years.

:laugh:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I know it's been mentioned on the Giulia section but I think this is a very important event. The success of this car will influence what cars we'll be driving over the next number of years.

:laugh:
There's a bit of a gap between my 159 (I won't buy another car of the same model consecutively) and a 2nd hand Giulia. I think I will have to most likely take a break from Alfa for a few years sometime in the future.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
More important is that there is some miraculous new era in customer services.

Given that with the exception of the chosen few, no one can configure, order or request a brochure for the new car. As I said before, they are now making cars that no-one has ordered and the dealers at least in the UK have not been told anything/much about.

The dealers know about as much as the car magazines do (One dealer I went to was relying on YouTube videos for information).

The car is also in production 5 weeks later than the 6 months later than the originally planned date. So there seems to be little to no concern for customers or new buyers at the moment. This is not looking good for the prospect of improvements in customer service in general.

Given the previous Giulietta C635 gearbox problem which was cured by ignoring the problem when there should have been a mass-recall; and the Multiair-Death syndrome which was also cured by ignoring the problem, lets hope these new Giulias are engineered much better, because if they start with ultra-common faults, then the dealers won't stand a cat-in-hells chance at fixing the problem efficiently or effectively.

Even before now I have had to tell the dealer their own part number that they should have because they had no idea what on Earth I was on about.

I think one thing is that the Alfa customers are perhaps a little more resilient to bad customer service (Going by what TT4N said about EwokMoaners.com). Lets hope the new car buyers can handle the problems, becase a month from beginning sales, the dealers still seem to know jack about this car.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer sales managers were just eating a sossij roll one day and a truck with a Giulia arrives completely out of the blue.

*truck blocks in customer cars and plonks new Giulia on forecourt at the entrance*

Driver: "New car, sell this please..."

Manager: "WTF?!!"

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sure the Giulia is a welcome addition but new era?

The return to the American market will have more impact on Alfa's fortunes

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that was implied. With the launch of the Giulia, AR are entering the US market with a mass produced car. The 4C doesn't count, it's a marketing tool.

·
Registered
2020, Giulia Veloce, Silverstone Grey and Black Leather
390 Posts
Well that was implied. With the launch of the Giulia, AR are entering the US market with a mass produced car. The 4C doesn't count, it's a marketing tool.
Hi
I would have thought a new range (all right the range has to come) of cars, on a completely new chassis, new engines (diesel and petrol) and a move to RWD after 20 years plus with FWD, could justifiably be entitled a 'new era'. Don't you think?

Oh and of course the re-entry to the US market surely adds to it being a significant change of strategy - hence 'a new era' :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts