Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to say Hi as Ive just bought my first Alfa....and she is gorgeous, I havent stopped smiling since I picked her up! She is a gorgeous Red (had to change my first word!) GT with beautiful Tan Leather interior....and Im smitten. I'll admit Ive never bought a car BEFORE I test drove it before, but I just had to have her....!
So why nervous?, Im really hoping you guys will re-assure me that the old schoolboy rumours about Alfa's reliability are completely unfounded?? :confused:
Hoping I wont need the techy forums too much!

Thanks for reading... A

·
Registered
12,800 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO......:HAPPY:...rumours are easy to start, usually by jealous people who know ****** all..:p

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Just to say Hi as Ive just bought my first Alfa....and she is gorgeous, I havent stopped smiling since I picked her up! She is a gorgeous Red (had to change my first word!) GT with beautiful Tan Leather interior....and Im smitten. I'll admit Ive never bought a car BEFORE I test drove it before, but I just had to have her....!
So why nervous?, Im really hoping you guys will re-assure me that the old schoolboy rumours about Alfa's reliability are completely unfounded?? :confused:
Hoping I wont need the techy forums too much!

Thanks for reading... A
Aha....just noticed you're in Lincolnshire...........Nige will be after you soon enough....get into the Lincs lounge............lots of GREAT folk and brill meets to join in with :thumbs::D:)

J

·
0 Posts
Andy, welcome to AO :wave:

yes the rumours are untrue about Alfa and their reputation, however your friends will no doubt tell you otherwise.....
The electrical components are German made these days, the fit and finish is as good as you will get on other european cars but Alfas have more 'soul' than others and so generate more attention and jealousy.

You will find that as you walk away from your Alfa you are turning back to look at it more that you have done with previous cars, you will find the slightest reason to go for a drive, even as far as driving the long way to the shops, just because of the experience....

Money can buy this feeling, and there are german manufacturers who would love to have that 'feeling' in their cars, you have made the right move, ignore those who have never owned an Alfa ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

Awe thanks everyone for the lovely welcome and words of reassurance! Jay W, your absolutely right, have you been watching my behaviour? (you missed the bit where I just stop short of licking her everytime I park up!)
yep don't know what that magic is....but I'm smitten! I have a confession now too....I was actually out looking at TTs when my lady caught my eye...my eyes and her headlights met over a crowded forecourt, and it was love at first sight.
A.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Hi Andy & :welcome3: to AO, congrats on the GT :thumbsup: its a great feeling isn't it!

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,380 Posts
Hi Andy, A warm welcome from the Lincs Mob !!!

We are quite an active little group here so it would be very nice to see you in the Lincs Lounge as well as in person.

Our next Meet is a Saturday afternoon one on the 30th Jan, I'm hoping that it will be a good 'un, they usually are.

Follow the Links to see what is going on and join in, I can pretty much say that you won't regret it. Apart from me everyone in the Lincs Section are very nice people.........

From the Lincs Lounge also follow Links and see what we have been up to last year, some cracking Meets and some Great pictures.

Don't forget to look at the " Stickies " right on top of the Lincs Lounge page.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/lincolnshire/

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/linco...-and-cars.html (Lincs Members - Names, Locations & Cars.)

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/linco...-ancaster.html (Lincs Afternoon & Early Evening Meet – Active In Ancaster.)

Cheers,

Nige.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts