Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
45,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mouse for my work computer started to play up recently. This usually took the form of 'losing' a click and hold momentarily.

And this most noticably happened when I was dragging an email into a folder, where the result of this loss would be the email being dropped into a completely different folder, then another folder being picked up and moved to a different part of the structure. Due to the rubbishness of outlook, I would then have to feverishly search for the moved email, difficult if you can't even remember what it was about because you'd just decided that it was unimportant and could be archived.

Much swearing ensued.

So I bought a new mouse which looks slimline and therefore convenient for when I need to throw everything in a laptop bag. But I didn't even think to check whether it had side buttons - because what sort of savage would design a mouse in this day and age without side buttons?

Yeah. It didn't have side buttons. So I immediately ordered another new mouse, paying more attention to the spec this time rather than just 'one that looks nice'.

For that day using the other mouse, it was like using the computer with my arm shopped off.

·
Administrator
45,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're living like cavemen.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I have a gaming mouse with many side buttons, conveniently mapped to trigger most used CAD functions, using anyone else's mouse is horrific.

·
Administrator
45,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
508 Posts
Or. . . why do right-handed people operate the mouse with their right hand?
Good question. I am right-handed, but I started using a mouse left-handed because of a shoulder "injury" caused by the setup when I first had a PC for work and found it more practical when doing spreadsheets

·
Vendor
45,475 Posts
Or. . . why do right-handed people operate the mouse with their right hand?
That's the standard way of doing it isn't it?

Even left handed people I know use the mouse with their right.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Good question. I am right-handed, but I started using a mouse left-handed because of a shoulder "injury" caused by the setup when I first had a PC for work and found it more practical when doing spreadsheets
You've found the secret of why I, being left-handed, prefer to use a mouse right-handed!

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I am lefthanded but use a mouse in my righthand. Not sure why but there again there are other things I do righthanded such as using cutlery.

·
Registered
12,995 Posts
Dunno...

;)
I might buy that as
1) I don't have a mouse that has side buttons :eek:
2) According to the 5th picture down, that device That has a "Swith button"!

·
Administrator
45,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A quick google tells me that 'swith' is Middle English - meaning mighty and powerful.

Why wouldn't you want that button on your mouse, honestly?

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Side buttons, of course.

Left side: throw grenade & glory kill
Right side: switch grenade (energy siphon or frag), deploy chainsaw

Never needed them for work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts