Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined AO about three years ago. It took a little time to settle in - after all being a newbie it can be daunting posting into what might be seen as a "settled" club.

I was made to feel welcome - indeed I soon realised that the people here are more than just a bunch of car obsessed nerds.

After a year or so I thought that I'd like to give something back. At that time the Regional meets were starting up so I volunteered to become a rep. I like to think that I was in at the begining and that I did OK (k).

My view has always been that we are an evolving club - I did my bit but the time comes to hand over to someone with new ideas. Katy came on board a few months ago, since which time our region has expanded. Together Katy and I made a great team and, as family stuff (all good), will be taking up more of my time it is now that I can bow out and hand over to her.

I have resigned as a rep.

Thank you everyone for the support you have given me over the last 18 months - I am sure that you will continue to give the same to Katy.

Before you all cheer - I WILL be attending our future meets - so watch it.

Thanks again.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Awww Paul I dont really know ya and have never made it to any of your meets :lol: but I'm sure you've done a great job and will be missed as rep ;) No doubt Katy will handle being sole rep with ease what with being a woman n all :thumbs::lol:

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
Sorry to hear your standing down Paul,as you say you and Katy made a great team. Glad to hear you will be attending future meets and a big thanks to you for all the past meets you arranged.

H

·
0 Posts
Paul

I'm sorry to see you go as will all of the staff team

Please accept our thanks for not only making the EA Region a friendly and welcomig place to be but our whole forum.

On behalf of the whole of AO many thanks.

All the best
Tony

Good luck Katy I'm sure you'll do fine Flying solo :thumbs:

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No doubt Katy will handle being sole rep with ease what with being a woman n all :thumbs::lol:
You are, of course, right. I agree she is a totally competant person - the "being a woman" bit doesn't seem to phase her.

Paul

(I am, obviously, entirely serious).

P

·
0 Posts
Paul, you are a gem and we all benefit from your sparkling wit.

Thank you for all you've done repping wise and I really hope to meet up with you some day.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Paul,

We're also sorry to hear that you're standing down. However you can be proud of what you've done over the last couple of years in developing the EA group. The turn out at last week's get together and the (mostly!) healthy and increasing activity on this section's website are proof of the good work you've done. I'm sure that we'll continue to blossom in Katy's capable hands and look forward to seeing you at future meets.

Thank you for all you've done in getting the EA section going and all best wishes to you and your family for Christmas and for 2009.

SEG and SWG :) :cool:

·
Premium Member
42,857 Posts
Well done Paul......... thanks for all ya time and effort to help make this forum what it is.... :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Sorry to hear this Paul! :( You did a great job and I hope to still see you at the meets :D

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I haven't been an Ao'er for very long Paul, but was good to be welcomed at your well organised meets. So thanks for that and see you at the next ones - if not around Felixstowe.
Nick

·
Registered
524 Posts
paulr i take my hat off to you mate for what you have done.i myself have been working nihgts for some time so don't get alot of time myself.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
bloody east anglians, always bowing out of an online job........

i would never do such a thing............

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
anything near ipswich comming up soon then baby?? were you at the avanti meet that paul sorted out? there were some celebs in that day wasnt there paul:lol:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Yeah this Sunday at Ipswich, come one down! Should be about 20 cars :wow: Fingers crosses!

I wasnt there that day but I am trying to get a quote from them to do some work on my car but they havent replied yet :mad: :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts