Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another saturday night, but decided against the pub in favour of a little drive around London and its suburbs..

The GT has just passed the MOT at first attempt (though I have replaced discs and pads just prior).
So I jumped in the car and headed out of Romford (always a good start for any day) and round the North Circular and up the Ace Cafe in west London, (before any clever sod says it, yes, I know it wasnt Italian night) just popped in for a mug of tea before going down the Westway in to central London, down Park Lane part Hyde Park (Winter Wonderland is on at the mo, looks great at night). Then down Embankment, in to the City and out through the East End. A 3 hour trip but worth every minute in the Alfa.. Great tunes helped and "Gimme Shelter" by the Stones came on just as I pulled out of the Ace Cafe, great timing by the radio station.

London at night is a great cruise, the later the better. Driving down the Embankment on near empty road with the victorian street lamps and the Thames rolling by is a rare treat in a busy city.

Parked next to an Aston Martin Vantage at Ace Cafe, just to make his car look bad :lol:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
:thumbs: sounds good, i was in tower hamlets last weekend and took the route back through the blackwall tunnel for a bit of noise and a quick look at the olympics bit then back through the blackwall again and off home through a couple more tunnels :D. sounded good too :lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
You should record a journey like that :that:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts