Alfa Romeo Forum banner

A load of poo

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Ralf S. 
#1 ·
How is it that the mere sight of dog poo sends people off on crusade against dog owners, councils have notices about £1000 fines for leaving dog poo unattended etc. but it's perfectly fine for every cat in the neighbourhood to cr@p on our lawn and chuck up on the drive? No one ever suggests that cats pooing everywhere is anything but ok. :grumpy:

Am I the only one who feels there's a bit of discrimination here?

Disclaimer: I do have a dog and do pick up the poo as I am offended by the amount lying around on pavements.

#2 ·
It's not discrimination is it.
Dogs are walked (some scum let them out on their own) so it's really the fault of the human with it that the dog eggs are left lying around on pavements, playgrounds and other high use areas.

Cats do what the **** they like.

#3 ·
I can't remember the last time I stood in a cat poo whilst taking the kids to the park/playground.

Dog mess however...

My 4 year old daughter got it on her clothes the other week after some inconsiderate dog walker let their dog foul the playground (and dogs are not meant to even go in there)

She had to be completely stripped off and travel home naked in the car after being disinfected with hand sanitiser.

#7 ·
I honestly sympathise with you on this one. There seem to be a growing number of inconsiderate dog owners. But... how would you feel if she came in from your own garden covered in cat poo (especially if you didn't have a cat yourself)?

I've just had my legs splatted after mowing the lawn and running over a dollop of the stuff. :censored: (Again!!!)

#4 ·
I wonder whether the dynamic is this - cats are unleashed and empty themselves where they wish (either in a litter tray at home, or in a place outside so secret I’ve yet to come across it.)

Dogs, however - when outside of the family home - are often on a lead, and this confers on their owners the need to observe and act upon where they empty themselves.

Now, as for horses...

(Top country road driving tip - where there’s a horse dung, soon after that on a blind bend, there’ll be a horse.)

#5 ·
Local council decided to tarmac over nearly all the verges in our road, but left one stretch of grass opposite our house. We felt lucky - for half a day. No dog will now pass without pooing on it. Armies of people are bending over with plastic bags then strolling off dangling them joyously, though obviously 10% (i.e. one thousand per day) leave the poo for people to tread on.

#6 ·
There's loads of long grass and hedges around.

A dog poo could safely be left there, but they all seem to be right where people can come across them.

As for the latest trend of picking them up in a plastic bag and hanging the said bag from a tree/bush. :furious:

Picking it up in a paper bag and throwing well out of harms way might be acceptable though.

#8 ·
On the subject of dog poo I'm also upset (understatement) that the local council actually can't be bothered to prosecute offenders despite all the notices and threats. Somebody sent them a video of owner letting dog poo and then walking off. Council not interested. It gives the responsible majority of dog owners a bad name. But that's another rant.

#12 ·
A few chopped up bits of garlic will keep them away from seedbeds.

In fact many cat repellent granules smell of garlic.

Reactions: TonyGr
#19 ·
We have to do dog poo clear up every Saturday morning on the kids football pitch. It is gross and so unnecessary. I've got a real hate thing going at the moment against dogs. Lost so many chickens over the years to dogs coming into our garden and jumping over the electric fence and killing them. Last month, a walkers dog killed 5 in front of the kids.

I have 3 cats here, and never ever come across their poo. All buried out of the way and out of sight. The added benefit of keeping mice, squirrels, moles and rabbit populations under control.

I really do feel that dog ownership has got out of control in this country. Everyone seems to have one (or two, or three). But I seem to be in a minority - everyone loves a dog, right?

#21 ·
You would have a hard time following your cat around all night waiting for it to **** on someone else’s lawn + clean it up.

Plus if your neighbour’s cat poops on your lawn, you could always take the send it back approach, (just like when they cut their hedges and it drops over your side lol - that’s a joke by the way)!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.