Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To gain access to the battery tonight I removed the big tubey thing that feeds the air into the engine, whilst it was out I had a quick look inside and noticed that there seemed to be quite a residue of "black stuff" ... I can only presume (hope) that this is from the EGR valve, I can't remember it being that bad last time I looked so just wondered if it is normal? or if (finally) my EGR has given up and I'm going to have to get my arse in gear to block it up.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
You need a chimney sweep to get rid of all the coal dust :p

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a chimney sweep to get rid of all the coal dust :p

shhhh serious thread here ...

I knew you'd be the first with a comment :p

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Serious thread? :eek:

I'll Phuqoff then :lol:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
To gain access to the battery tonight I removed the big tubey thing that feeds the air into the engine, whilst it was out I had a quick look inside and noticed that there seemed to be quite a residue of "black stuff" ... I can only presume (hope) that this is from the EGR valve, I can't remember it being that bad last time I looked so just wondered if it is normal? or if (finally) my EGR has given up and I'm going to have to get my arse in gear to block it up.
Could well be residual oil from the turbo. When my top pipe split it coated the side of the battery with an oily residue. Perhaps spraying an intake cleaner with the engine running would clear it out? Assuming the engine will run without the turbo?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could well be residual oil from the turbo. When my top pipe split it coated the side of the battery with an oily residue. Perhaps spraying an intake cleaner with the engine running would clear it out? Assuming the engine will run without the turbo?

Any thoughts?
I'm not that fussed about it being clean, I'm just wondering if it is symptom of another problem :( by the pattern of the "black stuff" it has definately come from inside the engine.

From where though? this is the air intake

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
I'm not that fussed about it being clean, I'm just wondering if it is symptom of another problem :( by the pattern of the "black stuff" it has definately come from inside the engine.

From where though? this is the air intake
turbo charger its normal:thumbs: right have you spilt petrol on floor ? goes everywhere doesnt it ? but if you seen how much it was .. less than an egg cup but looks loads :thumbs: coupled with exhaust gas coming through egr valve

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Is there a crank breather intake into the main hose on dervs?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts