Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another little upgrade done today. Upgraded my dash and auxiliary gauges to Ti spec.

A straightforward swap with the help of MES.

I bought one that was showing less miles and with MES set the mileage to match the original and ran a proxi alignment to stop the mileometer flashing:)

All is now working fine and its definitely a new and and different look. Some before and after pictures below.

One question. My blue and me has never worked and its currently disconnected and written out. When I put the key in now the new dash lights up with blue and me in the display which the original one never did. Is this a change done during the production run or should my original dash have done it?
20191119_124814.jpg

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Don't know the answer...but they are not TI spec..they are late (2009 on) Lusso spec as they are exactly the same as mine. TI spec ones have a red ring around the edge.

TI ones look like this... https://images.app.goo.gl/CSuTP641uiPCv99G7

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Mine have a red ring but it doesnt illuminate when the lights are on.
Gotcha...could not see it at all in the pics!....most of which have now disappeared..... due to this dodgy new sight no doubt!

EDIT...they are back now!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh

My TBi has the red rings! I'll consider it a little of the Ti luxury now! Theres nothing like adding those extra touches - I had a basic Golf when a youth, I bought all the switches from the top model and put them in place of the horrible blanking panels.

It's odd but you just can't see the red rings at night.

Cheers
James

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the Blue & me was standard with the Ti spec, might be why you're now seeing the logo.
After refitting my blue and me module i agree still can't get it to work or do the updates. I keep getting the error message 10 coming up. Might try another blue and me module to see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've tried that yes several times and played about with lots of settings but not managed to make any progress.

Also looking on ebay at blue and me modules the only ones i can find with the same part number are abroad. All the ones in the UK are different.

·
Registered
32,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,082 Posts
That timber is something I’ve never seen on a 159 before. Alfa wood inserts when they last did them, in the seventies, were usually not gloss layered though.
I've never seen those either. Would be interested to know if they were original or aftermarket?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was intrigued by the wood trim so I'd googled 159 wood trims. I love wood in classics. Not sure about it in an 159 but would love to see it in real life. And always to each their own in what people like. :)

I had a Fiat Spider with a proper functional wood dash. It also had an old school toggle switch to manually turn on the engine fan when the needle crept into the red. That was before the powers decided that toggle switches could stick into your face in the event of an accident.

DSCF0871.jpeg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts