Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little thankyou to all you other GTV owners and infact all you Alfa Owners.

Every time I get into my GTV I feel special, I become part of a elite club only for the passionate, and thats what I love about my GTV or any alfa Ive owned. Its more than a car, its just something I cant really explain. One would only understand it once they have owned a GTV.

I think the type of person that buys an alfa plays a big part in why Alfas are the way they are. So thankyou to all you out there, and raise your glasses together. To Alfa and may we enjoy them for a long time to come :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
:rolleyes:Anyone want to buy mine off of me...Things keep, breaking, squeeking and the latest thing is the v6 badge at the back has fallen off.....Alfas are pants. Although the 156 i had 8 years ago was great so maybe its just my GTV that was built cheaply.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
:rolleyes:Anyone want to buy mine off of me...Things keep, breaking, squeeking and the latest thing is the v6 badge at the back has fallen off.....Alfas are pants. Although the 156 i had 8 years ago was great so maybe its just my GTV that was built cheaply.
:rolleyes: get a new badge.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
A little thankyou to all you other GTV owners and infact all you Alfa Owners.

Every time I get into my GTV I feel special, I become part of a elite club only for the passionate, and thats what I love about my GTV or any alfa Ive owned. Its more than a car, its just something I cant really explain. One would only understand it once they have owned a GTV.

I think the type of person that buys an alfa plays a big part in why Alfas are the way they are. So thankyou to all you out there, and raise your glasses together. To Alfa and may we enjoy them for a long time to come :)
Indeed : It takes a special breed to own an Alfa due to the amount of TLC they require. The bonus is they are quite a rare sight on British roads and you tend to mainly encounter highly enthusiastic owner/drivers as a result of the cars habits and servicing requirements. They are NOT for the half witted!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try and write a nice post and you get plonkers like this saying Alfas are pants. Alfas are pants if you cant afford to look after one or dont know what they require. The older models are for those that want to keep them alive so they go on to be a classic car. Buy a new badge or buy a new car if you dont want the maintanence, its not a big deal

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Alfa's are a choice of the heart, not the head.

However I think this will change as Alfa smarten up their act. Some great new cars around now and some great models in the making.. :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
i agree will.

i used to own an E30. loved it to bits, very cool retro car. i was worried about getting something 'newer' as i prefer classic cars, but i think the GTV is a contemporary classic!

i get in my GTV, listen to the throaty gurgle of the engine in 3rd gear whilst i'm blasting down a country lane and think...'i bloody love this car!' :)

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
I have been accused of listening to the radio in the garage and talking to my Spider over a cup of tea. I pleaded guilty, and had no problems in doing so:lol:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
There are, of course, better cars out there but for me the GTV has a bit of everything (not many on the road, great looks, nice engines, great handling).

The key to Alfa ownership is to fix problems as they occur and not let them build up. Im sure other car brands are the same in that too.

D

·
0 Posts
oliver most cars are the same, if you dont look after them they will break down. i have had audis and vw and they are unreliable at times and a lot more expensive to fix.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I first discovered the Alfa GTV a long time ago with the Alffetta GTV 116. At the time my dad bought the car for me near brand new. I orignally wanted a Mazda RX7 which at the time handled so much better was sleeker lower to the ground, more modern and easier to drive. But my dad said are you crazy why would you want a Mazda compared to an Alfa Romeo ??!!

Well he was right I soon got used to the Alfa and fell in love with it. Who cares about the mazda if it was a better car the Alfa was in a completely different league all together.

Now I have the next generation GTV and the timeless style, charisma and the mystique are still there and will be around for a long time as a classic, long after the words "mazda" and "RX" or watever are long forgotten.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am very into my motorbikes and have owned a large range from classic Yamaha Enduros through to dirt trackers and Ducati Monsters.. none have made me swoon as much as a GTV.

That said I've only owned mine 1 month :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i agree will.

i used to own an E30. loved it to bits, very cool retro car. i was worried about getting something 'newer' as i prefer classic cars, but i think the GTV is a contemporary classic!

i get in my GTV, listen to the throaty gurgle of the engine in 3rd gear whilst i'm blasting down a country lane and think...'i bloody love this car!' :)

Completly agree with you to! I have said many a time when im cleaning it or driving it to work...God I love this car :)

I love seeing other GTVs on the road. I make my other half jump when we are driving. "LOOK!! A GTV!!!" asif it were a maybach with the queen in it haha

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I've never owned a GTV. I've never even sat in one. :cry:

But I want one with a passion.

And I will have one.

A V6 one! :cool:

Even my girlfriend knows that me buying a GTV V6 will come before we get married.
She knows the score! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts