Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Says the man who managed to miss all the dry stone walls on the last run :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we'd better go early, have you seen the forecast for tomorrow evening? :eek:
Just checked Ambleside....Snow, snow & more snow all through till tue.....pack plenty of butties and a Great st Bernard :lol:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i'm LOVING this weather, apparently it's gonna be full on blizzard conditions tomorrow evening and into monday :cool:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
damn right, i may be tempted to sack monday off work and go walking instead. i've been 3000ft up in snowdonia in weather that would make this look like a summer tea party, love it :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn right, i may be tempted to sack monday off work and go walking instead. i've been 3000ft up in snowdonia in weather that would make this look like a summer tea party, love it :thumbs:
That sounds like a good idea for a run, convoy to the lakes, couple of hours walking, pub lunch and a convoy home :cool:
Got some cracking piccis of me and a couple of mates doing striding edge in the snow and ice :eek:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah like the look of this also. Looks like its gonna be a good year just hope we get some nice weather :)

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,532 Posts
i can tell you parts of that route are simply stunning, did it last summer :thumbs:

when are we looking at then? :D

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
The lads and lassies off alfa155.org had a few good weekends based in Keswick - usually one in February and one in October/November - met up in the lakeside Car Park - a blast along that route to the Kirkstone Inn for lunch (and a stroll up the hills for the more masochistic) then a variety of "gentle" meanders around the area before finishing up in Keswick for a meal, a drink or two, and good craic! The idea was always to go for another run Sunday morning - but normally by the time everyone had surfaced sufficiently to face anything more testing than intravenous caffein it was time to head off into the yonder - but peeps were from anywhere from Dundee to the South Coast - so had some journeys to do!

A word of warning - more than 3 or 4 cars at a time can be a problem on many of the more interesting roads, as the Lakes is so busy that at any time of the year you are likely to meet oncoming traffic, and not everyone faced with a stream of a dozen or so enthusiastically driven Alfas reacts favourably......

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Great looking circuit Pete! :D

Noticed the estimated driving time on the map. :eek: I hope you have a couple of refreshment stops planned!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great looking circuit Pete! :D

Noticed the estimated driving time on the map. :eek: I hope you have a couple of refreshment stops planned!

You wanna try it on a bike :eek: except we add a loop around the back of Blencathra to avoid the main road in/out of Keswick, makes it a mere 134 miles :cry:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts