Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the 147 to see Dan at Autolusso Penrith in a few weeks and this shows it's ugly face now. Notice the slightly blue haze? Yes it's mine.

So far the symptoms are blue smoke and a lumpy idle from a dead cold start, once it's warmed up the car is as normal as I am used to. Oil loss is minimal because the level has stayed normal for the last few days before the smoke started. Any ideas where I should be looking first people?

Attachments

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
I'm taking the 147 to see Dan at Autolusso Penrith in a few weeks and this shows it's ugly face now. Notice the slightly blue haze? Yes it's mine.

So far the symptoms are blue smoke and a lumpy idle from a dead cold start, once it's warmed up the car is as normal as I am used to. Oil loss is minimal because the level has stayed normal for the last few days before the smoke started. Any ideas where I should be looking first people?

Mmmmmm, keep a very careful advice on oil level, could be a number of things, EGR issue, injector issue or maybe something more serious

Have we deleted your EGR valve?

Ned

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mmmmmm, keep a very careful advice on oil level, could be a number of things, EGR issue, injector issue or maybe something more serious

Have we deleted your EGR valve?

Ned
Dan did a remap/egr delete for me last April, I noticed the smell before the smoke to be honest, which was IIRC Monday. Hope it's not terminal. :weeping:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I know pictures can speak a thousand words so here goes. Some similar threads say injector issue as Ned described, I'll have a look at the turbo hose in the morning and see if there's any oily crud living in there.

Cold start:
2 minutes later:

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think you may be right there. Here's a glimpse of what's going on inside the upper turbo hose and the inlet, not terrible but still a bit too oily.

:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had those symptoms with leaking swirl flaps (metal manifold).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Funny you should say that because I have the problematic plastic manifold/metal flaps which I'm having deleted soon, if they can hold up until then. :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts