Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share my experiences from the week just gone.

Started well when I got a wave last Saturday with wife and kids in car and cheered us all up.:)

Just got in from work on Tues night when our online order from Sainsburys arrived. Went to help my better half bring it in when the driver asked "is that your Alfa 156 GTA?" Being a bit caught off guard I said I was suprised he knew what it was, he then proceeded to compliment the car and and said he liked the fact I hadn't stuck a spoiler on the back!:)

It was my eldest boy's 9th birthday on Saturday so he had a party at a Quaser (laser)shooting place. One of the other Dad's has a 2.5V6 156 so we had a good chat about the cars and we'd both parked up alongside a 159.:)

On Sunday we'd gone down to our local Halfords to look at bikes (got a bargain clearance for my youngest for £20!) and when we came out there was a older chap looking around the car and peering in the windows. As we got closer he looked up so I gave him a nod of approval at which he said what lovely cars Alfa make.:) I even managed to fit the bike in the boot. Desirable and (reasonably) practical, What more could you want?

Funny I haven't had a single comment about my Golf all week!

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
But does is sound like a Golf when you close the GTA's doors? :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a coolant warning light come up in the Golf this morning which went when I restarted it.
It's only 3 months old yet I've never had a warning light in the Alfa. Except for petrol:lol:

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,950 Posts
ace :)

returned to my parked up GTV6 once, and three lads were surrounding it. As i got closer, headed toward the driver's door, one of them said: 'now that my friend, is a thing of beauty'.

Alfas are special in their ability to bring out the bonhomie - not envy, not jealousy - in most people. Alfas are part of life's good things, a good thing that excludes no one but embraces and encourages all the tingly little things that got us hooked on cars in the first place.

G

·

returned to my parked up GTV6 once, and three lads were surrounding it. As i got closer, headed toward the driver's door, one of them said: 'now that my friend, is a thing of beauty'.

Alfas are special in their ability to bring out the bonhomie - not envy, not jealousy - in most people. Alfas are part of life's good things, a good thing that excludes no one but embraces and encourages all the tingly little things that got us hooked on cars in the first place.
You always manage to sum these things up so eloquently Scud :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Sitting in the back garden of my brother in law's house having a beer.
The 156 was sitting up on the raised driveway.....2 wee fellas passed on thier bikes,one remarked "Look,nice Alfa"................my beer tasted that bit sweeter especially as my brother in law scoffs at my car...and he drives a Volkswagen Passat and was in earshot !!:lol:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts

You always manage to sum these things up so eloquently Scud :thumbs:
I echo Jay's sentiments :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Sitting in the back garden of my brother in law's house having a beer.
The 156 was sitting up on the raised driveway.....2 wee fellas passed on thier bikes,one remarked "Look,nice Alfa"................my beer tasted that bit sweeter especially as my brother in law scoffs at my car...and he drives a Volkswagen Passat and was in earshot !!:lol:
:lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only other car I've ever owned that got even half the comments that the Alfa does was a Corrado VR6.
The Alfa wins hands down when it comes to feel good motoring.:cool:

·
Premium Member
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
It was my eldest boy's 9th birthday on Saturday so he had a party at a Quaser (laser)shooting place. One of the other Dad's has a 2.5V6 156 so we had a good chat about the cars and we'd both parked up alongside a 159.:)
This is Mad!! I went to a laser place with my kids on Sunday in Rayleigh, Essex (Was rubbish though) and also met another Alfa driver (Spider) whilst there, I also was in the other halves 156 V6 :rolleyes:

V Spooky!

·
Registered
99 Posts
The longer I think about it, the more I think that Alfas are the perfect marque*. They're beautiful to look at and are good mechanically, but have a bad rep. So people who know about and are interested in cars take notice whilst chavs and scrotes leave them alone.

*with the 159 the perfect car, natch.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I gave some guys from the office a lift to Tesco on Friday lunchtime, and after a good few minutes of making fun of me for buying such an unreliable car, they generally agreed that if all the cars from work were lined up, they'd have mine over all the others :thumbs:

·
Registered
897 Posts
The longer I think about it, the more I think that Alfas are the perfect marque*. They're beautiful to look at and are good mechanically, but have a bad rep. So people who know about and are interested in cars take notice whilst chavs and scrotes leave them alone.

*with the 159 the perfect car, natch.
Too true, used to own a few BMWs and was considering going back back to one after some big bills but then saw a chav driving down the road , cap on siggy half hanging out the mouth and i stopped considering , GTV wins hands down .;)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I also had a man peering into the windows of my new mito outside halfords, he said it was a really nice car. He looked like a kinda "cool" guy as well, so his opinion was appreciated

1 - 17 of 17 Posts