1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
953 Posts
lol anything but the smoothest of roads makes me wince, especially when taking a corner hard and then SMACK as you bang over a massive pothole. Where is that road? I was driving round Devon and Cornwall last weekend in mine, the roads down there are simply sublime, so smooth with great corners, and to top it off you never get held up because everyone down there seems to know how to drive properly.

·
16,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya Rob. The road is a little B ? class between Tattershall Bridge and Kirkstead Bridge near Woodhall Spa here in Lincs. It's single track with passing places and a drop at one side and the River Witham on the other so overcooking is not recommended ! Nice open bends and a quiet road though so the fun is there if you can stand the bumps ! We have lots of B class roads like this around with very uneven surfaces, a bit like a long series of shallow hump back bridges, the GTV's don't like it. :p

Can be frustrating at times, was on a dead straight road yesterday with bumps like this and was doing about 60 and being pushed by a small Pug but I really couldn't go any faster without risking a close examination of the spud crops. Mind you, once I hit a bendy road with smoother tarmac...... :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Hiya Rob. The road is a little B ? class between Tattershall Bridge and Kirkstead Bridge near Woodhall Spa here in Lincs. It's single track with passing places and a drop at one side and the River Witham on the other so overcooking is not recommended ! Nice open bends and a quiet road though so the fun is there if you can stand the bumps ! We have lots of B class roads like this around with very uneven surfaces, a bit like a long series of shallow hump back bridges, the GTV's don't like it. :p
Thought i recognised that road:D

Its not ideal to try and do 60mph because I don't think you can. Its very twisty, very uneven and in places only wide enough for one car. Last year on this road and between Tattershall Bridge and Chapel Hill which runs along side the Witham claimed a few young lives:(

I'm not saying its a road to ignore. You can enjoy it, you just have to treat it with respect:)

·
16,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thought i recognised that road:D

Its not ideal to try and do 60mph because I don't think you can. Its very twisty, very uneven and in places only wide enough for one car. Last year on this road and between Tattershall Bridge and Chapel Hill which runs along side the Witham claimed a few young lives:(

I'm not saying its a road to ignore. You can enjoy it, you just have to treat it with respect:)
:thumbs: Morning Mark. Yes, just so, but didn't the road sign sum it up well ! :) The road the Pug was pressing me on was the road from the Lea Gate down to Frithville, a road which you'd enjoy to bomb along perhaps, but not in a GTV !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts