Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the 'A Glaze Surface protection' put on their MiTo. It does the following:

Protection against acid rain
Protection against the sun's ultra violet rays
Protection against colour fading
Protection against ionisation and fallout
Helps protect against car wash swirl marks
Helps protect against bird acid
Ensures a continuous showroom shine
Creates a 7 mirror image
Easy washing and no polishing
Doubles the paint life of your vehicle

If you have had it put on, what is your feedback and is it worth having?

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
To be honest, the majority of good quality polishes and waxes do this, so I personally don't see the point. I've bought some Auto Glym High Definition Wax, which is meant to be brilliant and does all of the above you've listed. I bought it online for £25.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
does it come with a warrenty/guarantee? if so it may be worth considering as the paintwork is badly affected by stone chips on the new alfas due to enviromentaly friendly paint, if it will help against/pay out for repair under guarantee damage from stone chips its got to be worth a try :thumbs:

·
Registered
276 Posts
To be honest, the majority of good quality polishes and waxes do this, so I personally don't see the point. I've bought some Auto Glym High Definition Wax, which is meant to be brilliant and does all of the above you've listed. I bought it online for £25.
I agree, most good quality waxes will do all you require. I use Collinite No.476s Super DoubleCoat Wax from detailedobsession.com

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has anyone had the 'A Glaze Surface protection' put on their MiTo. It does the following:

Protection against acid rain
Protection against the sun's ultra violet rays
Protection against colour fading
Protection against ionisation and fallout
Helps protect against car wash swirl marks
Helps protect against bird acid
Ensures a continuous showroom shine
Creates a 7 mirror image
Easy washing and no polishing
Doubles the paint life of your vehicle

It's basically the same as Supaguard I think which I was quoted £345 at my Alfa dealer. I googled it and whether it was worth the money and found a few interesting sites explaining what it does and it's real cost. you can get whole supaguard kits on eBay for £45!

Try searching this site for supaguard info and also the rest of the internet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was just gonna ask are you talking of supaguard? I paid the £200 ish for it and the kit you get with it and have to be honest and say i wish i didnt. As stated the above items do the same sort of thing.
Agree, you can get all the gear you need to do a professional job on your car without spending too much. It seems a lot of people buy products that don't work for them so have to spend more money on new suff. I ordered a few bits (wax, drying towel, wheel brush etc) from North East Detailing they were really enthusistic about what they sell, had excellent product knowledge and were very helpful. And for me, giving my car a wash and wax with some decent products is something I actually quite enjoy.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
My neighbours look at me like I'm some kind of nutcase as I wash my car so much. I'm sure they'll think I'm even weirder when I get the MITO at the weekend. I'll probably wash it so much the paint will disappear within 6 months...

·
Registered
59 Posts
My neighbours look at me like I'm some kind of nutcase as I wash my car so much. I'm sure they'll think I'm even weirder when I get the MITO at the weekend. I'll probably wash it so much the paint will disappear within 6 months...
Yes it gets you like that does owning a Mito - I have had mine 11 weeks but the novelty of owning it and keping her shiney has still not as yet worn off:eek:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Well in the 2 year of owning my Fiesta ST the 'novelty' has never worn off. I even cleaned it earlier this evening (such a nice night it would be rude not to!). God knows what i'll be like with the Alfa.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I don´t know about "A Glaze", but I did a quick research on the net about it and it seems they do something very similiar like Nanotec Bavaria Competence Center does. Alas, their homepage is in German language only as it is a Austrian company (with a location near Munich).

Overall they are cleaning the car thoroughly (plus the paint of older cars will be somewhat restored, comes with a price increase, of course), then crabbing the the painted facing, then applying their Nano stuff which is then "burned" into the facing with ultraviolet light.
This does come with a 6 year gurantee and did cost for my (new) MiTo Euro 700,00 (about 600 GBP).

So, is it worth having it? Honestly I can´t say too much about it at the moment as I have it only for about 2 weeks on my car. What I did found in the net about Nanotec Bavaria people are very contend with their service. Of course, people at Nanotec Bavaria are very confident of their doing too (but they did leave a very good overall impression with me, too).

My thinking was: I´m not that kind of guy who washes etc. his car every week and I don´t want to spend 2 times (or whatever) per year money (every time 50 Euros or whatever) for a "professional" cleaning, maybe even with some kind of Nano stuff which is NOT burned into the paint and therefor wears off after some months.

What I like about Nanotec Bavaria is their washing philosophy:
Do not use ANY cleaning stuff, ONLY clear water. So one car wash will cost only about Euro 1 or 2 (in a car washing box facility), not more. Only other thing you´ll have to do is drying the car with microfabre clothes afterwards. Maybe not even that when you can use softened water.
That´s all you have to do, no polishing etc. whatsoever, never again.

So far I did wash my car one time like this. Cleaning was very easy and I´m pleased with the outcome. Plus, with a little more routine (I intend to wash my car now more frequently then I did in in the past) it should not take longer then about 15 minutes. I think that is appealing, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts