Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was queing up at victoria to buy my ticket tonight and a bloke I've never met before came and stood next to me. As in right next to me snuggled up against my arm.

I looked at him and he said "Have you every been to Kirkby?"

He had a strong Accrington accent and people from Accrington don't use vowels, they use Rs instead so rather than Ker-bee he said krrrrbee.

"I've not mate, no" I replied
"Do you know what it's like?" He then asked
"Not really no."
"Oh" he said "Is there much to do there?"
"I don't really know mate. I've never been." I say thinking that this is getting wierd.
"I'm thinking of going," he then said "Only I've heard there's not much to do there."

Thankfully I got to the front of the queue to get my ticket by this stage so I walked away. As I did, I heard him ask the woman behind me "Have you ever been to Krrrrbee?"

It takes all sorts.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
Thats Accy folk for you

I was once talking to a bunch of lads who were in a band, they were from Moss Side. They had just played in my mates pub (at the time) which was The Adelphi in Accrington. Some witty bugger asked them what they thought of Accrington

"****ing scariest place i've ever been to"

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,743 Posts
Keithy, I share your pain.

invisible to me, I'm convinced I have 'I talk to weirdos' tattooed on my forehead. I've had them all. The slightly strange woman attracted to the pattern on my folder, because it reminded her 'of the moon' ('would you like to live on the moon?'). The kid on the train who insisted I should become a chiropractor, the looney tunes in the gym who kept asking if I played football, even though I said no, the same question kept coming back; the chap in the petrol station who insisted I should have a good day 'because you are tall!', never mind the taxi drivers that constantly try to convert me, whether to their faith or to going diesel. I'm so used to it, I don't even mind anymore :)

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
You wouldn't want to live on the moon. S'rubbish. Was alright in the 60s but it's full of dickheads now.
True. There's no atmosphere.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keithy, I share your pain.

invisible to me, I'm convinced I have 'I talk to weirdos' tattooed on my forehead. I've had them all. The slightly strange woman attracted to the pattern on my folder, because it reminded her 'of the moon' ('would you like to live on the moon?'). The kid on the train who insisted I should become a chiropractor, the looney tunes in the gym who kept asking if I played football, even though I said no, the same question kept coming back; the chap in the petrol station who insisted I should have a good day 'because you are tall!', never mind the taxi drivers that constantly try to convert me, whether to their faith or to going diesel. I'm so used to it, I don't even mind anymore :)
I get them too all the time. I don't know why as I'm fairly big, quite ugly and wear a scowl when walking to scare off chuggers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts