Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to say, been over to Paul few times recently for work on the GTA and done an excellent job each time. Very honest with things, saved me time and money a few times when other places could blatantly use it as a reason to charge more or drag it on a bit. He's not too hot on answering emails in a hurry, so give him a call :p But otherwise, prices can't be beaten and he knows his stuff. Just a reminder for people in this area.. and for others who arn't that near Autolusso etc. He even phoned up the maker of my front pipes (gus?) to make sure everything was exactly right off his own back. Car is now sorted (for a while) :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aylesbury. He has a website, I'd link it but I'm on phone. Need to go back as todays fix hasn't worked .. since instaaling EQ length pipes getting a knocking vibration sometimes due to dodgy gb mount, he moved it 5 mm and over 2 mm, cured original knocking, but now catching on right handed turns... Argh! :)

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You use alfa aid? 2 miles away but getting on double the price on most jobs.. they are good though..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeha, sorry.. was on my phone and trying to use least characters as possible. I just saw you were from Berkshire and was wondering where you go? Go past Alfa Aid all the time, so was curious. If not, interested to hear where else there is locally.

Need to get this issue fixed, going track day on wednesday at goodwood - my first :inlove:

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Yeha, sorry.. was on my phone and trying to use least characters as possible. I just saw you were from Berkshire and was wondering where you go? Go past Alfa Aid all the time, so was curious. If not, interested to hear where else there is locally.

Need to get this issue fixed, going track day on wednesday at goodwood - my first :inlove:
Alfa Aid are very good but expensive in my opinion

The equal length down pipes never fit properly you can spend all day trying to stop them knocking, not to mention they are very low and fowl the oil cooler and power steering pipes

Ned

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree totally with Alfa Aid comments. You talking of the EQ pipes from Alfatuner? That's what I have.. would have gone for yours, but the gtv mani's were out of budget. He has stated that they should just fit.. to me and a for alfa when he called him up to check. Is it possible to get them to a point where they won't knock? It was definately better the first time.. at least it didn't knock and rub on right handed turns like it is after attempt 2. Damnit.

Cmon Ned, share the love - I did take you up the tesco when I came for my cambelt change and lent you money to buy all the lads their lasagna lunch : )

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Agree totally with Alfa Aid comments. You talking of the EQ pipes from Alfatuner? That's what I have.. would have gone for yours, but the gtv mani's were out of budget. He has stated that they should just fit.. to me and a for alfa when he called him up to check. Is it possible to get them to a point where they won't knock? It was definately better the first time.. at least it didn't knock and rub on right handed turns like it is after attempt 2. Damnit.

Cmon Ned, share the love - I did take you up the tesco when I came for my cambelt change and lent you money to buy all the lads their lasagna lunch : )
Its not just the Alfatuner ones, none of them fit, we do the modification because people ask us to do it I don't recommend it

I don't remember a trip to Tesco, it must have been a long time ago but thank you anyway :thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a good two years ago now, on my first alfa.. I took you out to listen for a noise (which didn't appear, of course) and then we went to tesco but you forgot yer wallet. Ah well.. we will keep moving them about until it is resolved I guess.. any little tips? (Other than take them off and scrap them) Don't wanna be damaging stuff on track day.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woohoo. Now have EQ lenth front pipes that don't knock into anything.. fixed for no extra charge :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts