Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been back in an Alfa for two weeks now and thought it's about time to share a bit of the 147 love around the forum :)

The Bose stereo is awesome. Nice and loud with some proper bass. I know everyone goes on about it not being that amazing, but I'm not and never have been interested faffing about fitting aftermarket subs and amps into cars - and for a factory fit it's quality, and very tidy too (the embossed cover on the sub in the boot finishes it off nicely) :thumbs:

The door handles are so nice and solid, and the interior door pulls give a nice weight by virtue of being so close to the pivot. In fact the whole car feels really solidly put together - it's the most modern car I've owned and I've not been in a whole lot of new cars so I'm probably easily impressed, but the quality feel makes me happy every time I get in.

The flip-out key, remote window and boot opening, is just cool :cool: I do keep fiddling with it in my pocket though.

Of course the obvious things like the looks and the nice strong pull of the 2.0 twinny go without saying... so what are your favourite bits about the 147?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Dunno what but it must be a lot as im on my second 1 now :lol:

In my 1.6 you could have a lot of fun without being stupid and going over the speed limit which happens near enough as soon as you start pulling away in this 1 :(

I always found it comfortable, both sounded good (this 1 sounds a lot better though :thumbs:)

They look good :thumbs:

Neither have let me down at the side of the road (apart from the diff going in the GTA but i was saving up for that, it just decided it wanted a new 1 sooner than i did :rant:)

i always like the rear door handles on my old 5 door 1 as nobody ever knew how to get in (it was great when it was raining :eek: :lol:)

I think its all the 'little bits' really that add up to the whole car, i can't say exactly what it is though :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want it back.. :rant:
Yeah well I want my old 156 back too :p

Actually if someone offered me it for a straight swap I don't know what I'd do... that car was pretty immense :(

I think its all the 'little bits' really that add up to the whole car, i can't say exactly what it is though :)
I enjoy so many of the little bits at different times. Last night I was sitting in the station car park waiting to pick my mrs up, enjoying the red dash illumination in the dark, feeling the comfort from the leather seats, and with some tunes pumping out at a civilised volume and in Bose quality.

It felt good :cool:

·
Premium Member
45,022 Posts
Yeah well I want my old 156 back too :p

Actually if someone offered me it for a straight swap I don't know what I'd do... that car was pretty immense :(
Looks like it went back on the road in March, after a long winter off-road :)

·
Banned
437 Posts
I purchased a 5 door for my wife over a year ago and i love it. Lovely place to be as a passenger and my wife loves it. Basically the dash is the GT. And it feels well put togehter and the looks only seem to work in the flesh. If my wife happens to be following me somewhere i cant stop looking in my rear view, its just stunning to look at.

They bang on about the MiTo being the new Sud, i reckon we already had it and prettier, the 147. Oh and handles great aswell.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
They bang on about the MiTo being the new Sud, i reckon we already had it and prettier, the 147. Oh and handles great aswell.
The Mito is more like the Sud :thumbs: The 147 was / is more grown up it had more toys and was an all round more accomplished car. I still miss mine:cry:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
How can the mito be like the sud..............

The sud was pretty:)
Beauty eye beholder :lol: Personally I bought a sprint rather than a sud :thumbs:
The sud was in it's day frowned on by the "pure " Alfisti. It was an amazing leap forward in small car design / roadholding. It genuinely moved the goal posts, unfortunately they auto dissolved :lol: we had a Mk1 ... the rear end fell off in Verona when the car was 6 months old:wow:
The Mito is frowned on in some quarters of the Alfisti world , it is built in Turin at a Fiat plant and shares quite a few bits with the Grande punto. It is an amazing pocket rocket:thumbs:
So many people feel it is todays Sud in the Alfa pantheon.

·
Banned
437 Posts
Forgot to mention the orange peel dash effect. And the cowling over the dials. Just looks special. And teven the cloth seats look special.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts