Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now having driven about 400 miles in my GT in one weekend, I have only had it 2 days :D I am totally chuffed I chose this over anything else. I love i to bits. I have a few questions, that maybe someone could assist with me with.

1. What oil does it use and how often does it need checking? I saw the manual said Selenia 20K, do people use this or go for a different make?

2. Can I purchase the luggage nets for the boot, if so does anyone know the cost and the part numbers for them.

3. My V6 is running on 18"s, which to me do not seem to ruin the ride at all. However being out yesterday, I heard a gentle scrape on a few speed humps, meaning I had to slow down to about 3mph to go over them. I doubt this has anything to do with the tyres, but is this normal.

4. I am missing the bolster support handle on the passenger side, where can i get one of these from, are there ever any GT's being broken, or is this a direct order from Afla too?

5. Can you disable the volumetric thing with the radio, where the volume goes up and down, noise dependant.

6. A few of the bits in the engine bay appear corroded, or have a corrosion on them, what would bring them up to shine? I think it may be aluminium, but am not sure. Pics below of engine bay

And thats about it. I am really pleased with it and here are a few Pics

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Hi Jim,
Nice car mate, don't know any of the answers, but I think I want some luggage nets too (pain in the A*se things sliding around)
PS you can now change your member car

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Argh you taunt me with your V6 GT, your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberries.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Nice car mate, there's a thread on here been posted recently where someone painted their 166 V6 Engine (look in the 166 lounge) I think that treatment would suit you too.

:)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
1. What oil does it use and how often does it need checking? I saw the manual said Selenia 20K, do people use this or go for a different make?

2. Can I purchase the luggage nets for the boot, if so does anyone know the cost and the part numbers for them.

3. My V6 is running on 18"s, which to me do not seem to ruin the ride at all. However being out yesterday, I heard a gentle scrape on a few speed humps, meaning I had to slow down to about 3mph to go over them. I doubt this has anything to do with the tyres, but is this normal.

4. I am missing the bolster support handle on the passenger side, where can i get one of these from, are there ever any GT's being broken, or is this a direct order from Afla too?

5. Can you disable the volumetric thing with the radio, where the volume goes up and down, noise dependant.

6. A few of the bits in the engine bay appear corroded, or have a corrosion on them, what would bring them up to shine? I think it may be aluminium, but am not sure. Pics below of engine bay
1. The V6 needs 10W 60 oil. Selenia Racing or equivalent.

2. You can get luggage nets from the dealer. I think they're about £15. Don't know the part number, sorry.

3. This is pretty normal as the plastic undertray sits very low and combined with the heavy V6 and poor damping causes it to make contact with speed humps unless taken at 3 mph:)

Can't help with 4,5 or 6:(

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Defintely Selenia Racingis the recommended oil.
I suspect you have just seen an inappropriate add for Selenia 20k in the manual.
10W-60 oil should be listed as required in the lubricants section of your manual.

The gentle scrape is the plastic sump guard,, yes you have to go over speed humps slowly since the engine is mounted so low.
The plastic sump guard is actually a bit lower than it needs to be so you aren't damaging the sump itself but keep scraping it and it will start hanging down.
An inexpensive Alutray is one solution that gives some extra mm of ground clearance, but you need to be pretty careful with these sinc eyou have less warning of how low you are to the gorund.
The plastic sump guard, crap as it is, does give some early warning as to bottoming out when driving quickly on bad roads :)

Enjoy, its a stonkingly good engine :)

TB

And thats about it. I am really pleased with it and here are a few Pics

·
Registered
71 Posts
I find the sump guard scrapes less than the one on my Stilo JTD did but always treat the speed bumps with caution.

I topped my oil up with the Selenia 10W 60, bought from shop4parts as recommended by someone on here.

If you find the part number for the luggage nets let me know as I'm tempted to get them. Mind you the large cubbys under the boot floor are handy for some stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
the volume noise adjustment on the radio can be turned off; do you have the book?its called SVC and you select menu and use fast forward or back >> or << to turn it on or off. use up and down to make it more or less sensitive (if on).
The undertray can be fixed tighter to the engine as i had it done on mine.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
1. The V6 needs 10W 60 oil. Selenia Racing or equivalent.

2. You can get luggage nets from the dealer. I think they're about £15. Don't know the part number, sorry.

3. This is pretty normal as the plastic undertray sits very low and combined with the heavy V6 and poor damping causes it to make contact with speed humps unless taken at 3 mph:)

Can't help with 4,5 or 6:(
possible answer for number 6:
If its the chrome intake pipes your on about I find wire wool good for getting the rust off..

Beautiful car by the way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts