Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love someone to shed some light on a few problems i currently have,

1. Leaking sunroof, when it rains i get wet, seems to store it up and dump it all over my head and the passenger seat on bends.
  2. My brake pedal squeeks when depressed, tried greasing bits but not found it yet.
  3. door pin broke the other day on drivers door, now filled with 6mm roofing bolt to keep the arm in the right place, nasty click when it opens in two stages.
  4. squeeky windows, sounds like a mouse is hiding in the door.
any help would be much apprecitated, i have next weekend off work so i will spend it exclusively fixing my beloved, and then will spend some time with my wife, maybe!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sunroof problem sounds identical to the problem i had on my bravo GT.Extremely annoying and makes the car mist up quicker.Shut some A4 paper in the sunroof and try and pull it out with it closed.Do this on various parts of it and you will find a gap in the seal.Either requires adjustment or seal replacement.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k will look in to this,

just remembered another problem, when i depress the clutch there is quite a loud clicking noise from the engine bay, i am aware of the hydraulic ram but havent had the chance of two people to check how its meshing with the lever the ram is suppose to move, is this a common fault?

·
Registered
191 Posts
  1. door pin broke the other day on drivers door, now filled with 6mm roofing bolt to keep the arm in the right place, nasty click when it opens in two stages.
door pin is an easy fix.

on a P1 you simply replace the pin (hammer it down into position).

on a P2 the door check strap is a single unit, so you have to replace the whole thing (remove the bolts and slide it out through your speaker hole)

TOP TIP: take the speaker out first :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts