Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you consider the Alfa Romeo MiTO (whichever variant) to be a driver's car?

I maintain that all Alfa's are 'drivers cars', and to me the MiTO is no exception. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
From a driving perspective, only the lousy ePAS lets it down.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
I want to like the Mito because it's an Alfa but with steering like that I cannot call it a drivers car.

D

·
0 Posts
Would you consider the Alfa Romeo MiTO (whichever variant) to be a driver's car?
I maintain that all Alfa's are 'drivers cars', and to me the MiTO is no exception. Whatcha think?
Yes, absolutely. :thumbs:

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Sorry, but can you clarify what you mean :confused:
Having tried a few Mitos in a range of conditions and not just a spin around the block with the saleman (with the exception of the Cloverleaf unfortunately) I would say that it is not really a drivers car because of the lack of satisfyingly communicative steering and well damped suspension. But I was saying that despite this dynamic shortfall ,the car is the drivers just as soon as he owns it outright.
A quick scan of this article in Evo shows the importance of good steering feel and weighting in their choice of drivers car 100 Greatest Drivers' Cars | Car Feature | evo
The Mito does seem to vary in feel according to engine weight and tyre size so I would like to try the QV one day or the new MA with the Koni damping as they may qualify as drivers cars.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Having tried a few Mitos in a range of conditions and not just a spin around the block with the saleman (with the exception of the Cloverleaf unfortunately) I would say that it is not really a drivers car because of the lack of satisfyingly communicative steering and well damped suspension. But I was saying that despite this dynamic shortfall ,the car is the drivers just as soon as he owns it outright.
A quick scan of this article in Evo shows the importance of good steering feel and weighting in their choice of drivers car 100 Greatest Drivers' Cars | Car Feature | evo
The Mito does seem to vary in feel according to engine weight and tyre size so I would like to try the QV one day or the new MA with the Koni damping as they may qualify as drivers cars.
Mine was paid off when I bought it :confused:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
For me the MiTo sits a little too high and the feel in all modes is not sharp enough to be a proper 'drivers car' IMO

Was hoping that the GTA version was going to put that right but it was sadly dumped :(

The equivelant Corsa and Punto are no better a 'drivers car' either IMO

Saying that, both the 120 and 155 bhp MiTo's are very easy/good to drive and with a little effort can be very spirited. (have not driven any other varients so can not comment!)

·
Registered
461 Posts
For me the MiTo sits a little too high and the feel in all modes is not sharp enough to be a proper 'drivers car' IMO

Was hoping that the GTA version was going to put that right but it was sadly dumped :(

The equivelant Corsa and Punto are no better a 'drivers car' either IMO

Saying that, both the 120 and 155 bhp MiTo's are very easy/good to drive and with a little effort can be very spirited. (have not driven any other varients so can not comment!)
What car have you got... My Mito is TOO LOW... speedbumps and ramps are a huge struggle so much so I have ripped the rubber off the bottom of me car.
I have mine at a stage 2 remap and defaintly hs enough umph for my liking - Love my car and friends do too so yeah it is a drivers car

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Sorry Mito lovers.......

I wasn't impressed with the turbo petrol version I drove, lacked in power (in D mode) and IMO not a drivers car.

1 for the misses to pop into town in :cool:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Much, much more of a drivers car than the 146, 147 and Brera I've owned. Cracking little car, a blast on B roads.
Can't say I've driven anything more sporty, but even my diesel Mito has me seeking out
twisty hilly 'B' roads, so it must have some sort of appeal, even for a pensioner!

A tad more feel through the steering would be an improvement though...

Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts