Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a good day yesterday! Went into work as usual, before heading off to watch the Guinness Premiership Final at Twickenham (Leicester Tigers v London Irish).
On the way down, we popped in to have brunch with my friends dad. It was originally going to be a barbecue, but due to the weather, a full English breakfast was laid out in it's place. :thumbs:
Last Tuesday, his dad had taken delivery of a Nissan GTR :cool: and so, before we headed off to Twickenham, he took us out for a spin!
After a mile or so of leisurely cruise, he asked us if we fancied giving it a drive, to see how it really felt behind the wheel. How could either of us decline?
Unfortunately, during the first 1200 miles, you aren't allowed to go over 3500 rpm or put your foot down more than half throttle :(, even so, this car, I can say from first hand experience, is a beast. :wow:
Even in "Comfort Mode" the suspension is extremely firm but not what I would call harsh. We didn't try the "Race Mode", hardly any need when you are driving it at speeds capable by it's sibling Micra!

To use the car fully, it has to have covered 3000 miles (IIRC), and we have been invited back for a spin when that time comes. Whether I will be priveliged enough to drive it unleashed, I'm unsure.
One thing I do know, and I admitted yesterday with a grimace, I :inlove: a NISSAN!!!

Then, off to Twickenham. Now Aylesbury to Twickenham isn't exactly far, but the trip in the GTR had put us back slightly, so we hit the crowds heading to the game on the way in. (Not litterally hit them, that would be wrong!) It ended up taking nearly 2 hours!

Once there, we got our Guinness and sat down to watch the match. I must say they were the two best pints of Guinness I have had in a very long time, superb!

Once the "highly choreographed for television" borrocks was out of the way, it was time for kick off. 22 seconds later, the first points were scored; London Irish 3-0 Leicester Tigers.
Now I'll be honest, I didn't actually watch much of the game. I was too busy having a laugh and taking in the stadium experience!
We left just before the end of the game, with Irish still winning.
We avoided the traffic and headed home to sunny ( :lol: ) Norfolk.
The journey home was much quicker, but by **** weren't we knackered!
A quick check on the scores and by a stroke, Tigers had taken the game, 10-9!

Good game, good day! :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Looks a good day, Phil:)

My mates had his GTR a while.
Haven't seen him since before he got it, though.

Told me how great he thinks it is by e-mail. Works away a lot, like myself. So only see him every so often.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I have just had a look at that txt you sent me with those pics, I have to admit I didnt read it properly :eek: Didnt realise you got to drive it, I just thought you had a ride in it! Ah well glad you had fun YOU SWINE!!!! :mad:

;)

·
Registered
636 Posts
The last rugby game i went to was in March, in Hong Kong for the 7's.
I tried to take a photo to capture the atmosphere and the teams etc but these pesky girls got in the way and ruined the picture - hmmm

·
Registered
636 Posts
I know, i must have taken about 30 photos that day and the number of times they suddenly appeared and got in the shot is unbelievable. ah well - have you seen the french c0cks in the foreground? a very popular team with the crowd.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts