Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeing as we are enjoying the last of this years sun, thought I would treat the Bella. Been meaning to clean up the engine bay for some time.

Before;

After;

And just for the hell of it;

Well impressed with the autoglym engine and machine cleaner. Used meguirs clay and then autoglym aquawax on the bodywork

BLING!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow great job.....:thumbs: I'm trying that on mine me thinks my engine bay will give it a good try out I haven't got round to cleaning my engine or the bay so heres hoping it does the job. what is it spray on & use a brush to work it in then wash off with the hose..???

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty much, I removed the large plastic covers, wrapped the relays in plastic bags and then very liberally sprayed the cleaner. Gave it a few minutes, got to work with a toothbrush and then rinsed off with fine spray garden hose. repeated about 3 times.

Used household stainless steel cleaner on the pipes, and then silicon lubricant on all the plastics and rubber pipework. Only took about 3 hours start to finish, well happy with the result.

tip;
Used a large syringe to suck up water wherever it pooled.

M

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Nice one , I'll PM you my postcode, you can do mine, or better still I'll get you drunk and steal that 3.0 for my bella:cheese:

·
Registered
725 Posts
You should really push the boat out and get a new radiator expansion tank...I always recall seeing Luke's from gtvv6.com's site meet at Applecross and how pristine it was under the bonnet. He told me he got a new one as they were so cheap, rather than cleaning the insides!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Top Job:thumbs: Autoglym rules:cool: May HD Wax mine tomorrow if the weather's OK:eek:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should really push the boat out and get a new radiator expansion tank...I always recall seeing Luke's from gtvv6.com's site meet at Applecross and how pristine it was under the bonnet. He told me he got a new one as they were so cheap, rather than cleaning the insides!
I thought that, it's the only thing that stands out. Was considering removing and descaling. Will enquire on cost for a replacement :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts