Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having become quickly bored with the M6 after leaving Manchester, I took to the hills and had a blast through the Lake District. With the light fading fast, I eventually managed to tear myself away from the adrenaline rush for a quick photoshoot near the Kirkstone Pass.

Not a lot to see under the lid.......

......... but a sharp stab on the loud pedal soon reassures you that under that slab of plastic lurks Beelzebub himself.

The 'office'

The view over the snout......

.......which reveals a lot more of the scenery than is visible in the rear-view mirror - I've seen bigger letter-boxes (not that I make a habit of peering through them before you ask! :rolleyes:)

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Do like very much.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,150 Posts
What a drive that must have been...

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a drive that must have been...
I'm still buzzing this morning. I've put it right up there at the top of my 'all time highs' list, in joint 1st place with last year's blast in the 159 through Switzerland and into Italy via the Stelvio

Mmmm, now there's a thought.

Stelvio.............. Evora.............. :lol:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That looks fantastic David! :cool:
I would certainly have lost you last year if I'd been following you in that! :lol:

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would certainly have lost you last year if I'd been following you in that! :lol:
It is pretty rapid, I have to say, but I'd have waiited for you to catch up - honest!

The same cannot be said, however, for the collection of small car/big exhaust boy racers who decided to latch on to my rear :tut: in the Kirkstone Pass and were quickly dispatched, never to be seen or heard again. :D

Wow David.......lucky, lucky man :D
It is a tough job I have when all is said and done, :lol:.

The question is though would you swap the 159 for it?
Never thought I'd ever find myself saying this, :eek: , but - YES. When my current SW comes up for replacement I'm very seriously considering that a 2-3 year old Evora and an old 156 SW (for the practical requirements, i.e. 2 large dogs to transport) will be the most likely conclusion.

That is one cool dashboard :thumbs:
.....and a beautifully engineered one to boot. The whole array, but especially those turned aluminium heater controls on the centre console, is just one lovely tactile overload, :D.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Love it. The Evora is a car I would definitely swap my Brera for. I notice the one you have been driving has a terrible looking 'Halfords' single DIN stereo whilst all the Evoras I have been looking at have double DIN touchscreen Sat Nav style devices - I have been looking at approved used cars so I assume double din is either standard or an option from new.

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love it. The Evora is a car I would definitely swap my Brera for. I notice the one you have been driving has a terrible looking 'Halfords' single DIN stereo whilst all the Evoras I have been looking at have double DIN touchscreen Sat Nav style devices - I have been looking at approved used cars so I assume double din is either standard or an option from new.
Remember, this is a rental car so we're not allowed to tick too many of the 'options' boxes when placing the order - bean-counters, pah! :rolleyes:

With the glorious soundtrack coming from just over my left shoulder, I had the stereo volume set to 0 in any case so wasn't really bothered. But yes, the stereo does look a little bit low rent now that I think about it again and I'd definitely be looking for the full monty job when (and that is when and not if) I go looking for mine, :thumbs:.

R

·
0 Posts
Nice pics, looks lovely and I bet that was a cracking drive :thumbs:

If it wasn't for the fact that we (by which I mean Mrs RSK) came to the conclusion that we need two cars with back seats owing to numerous kid based commitments the Evora would very much have been on my list for my next car.

Whisper it on these boards but I suspect it'll turn out to be a better proposition than the 4C.......

·
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With that kind of attitude you deserve another spin :thumbs:
Why thank you! ...... and it looks like my bosses agree as next Thursday, I'm getting to drive it again when I have to take it from Edinburgh to Leicester, :D.
Can't wait and I've already plotted a route which keeps the use of motorways to an absolute minimum, :thumbs:.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,150 Posts
Good thinking.

Steal it like you drove it, then on to Stelvio.
If you push on a bit, it'll still be open :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts