Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my Giulietta next week, and want to get USB sticks all ready for then - so please indulge me with a couple of potentially stupid questions.

1. Is there any special format required of the USB stick,

2. Do MP3s need to be loaded onto the root level of the stick, or can they be loaded into folders? (e.g. /artist/album/title.mp3

3. Are playlists supported? If so, what type/format?

4. Is random play across all tracks supported?

Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi this is the USB stick I use and you format it to Windows Fat 32 so all installed software is removed..you then put your music in folders and sub folders if you wish.
once you have your music in folders you can transfer them to the USB.
not sure about playlists but I think random play is available across all folders.:thumbs:
Hope this helps Alan

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yep, folders are ok and random across all tracks works fine. There's not playlists as such but you can play individual genres if the tracks are tagged.

My music is all in iTunes as mp3 so i just copied the folders I wanted from within the iTunes music folder.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Having no playlists is a bit of a blow but I might be able to find a way around it, even if that means having a number of different memory sticks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
You can have playlists but it seems to be very fussy. Mine didn't like iTunes playlists but played the one I did with Winamp fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts