Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Took delivery of my 2008 plate 2.4 210 Brera on sat, and I've noticed a couple of niggling probs.
1, she's tending to idle erratically when warm, no noticeable loss of power when driving though.
2, Driving to work this morning a message flashed up saying "hill start assist unavailable consult handbook" this has since disappeared.
3, again this morning while parking up, another message flashed up saying "vehicle protection system unavailable" again, this has disappeared.
4, finally, she was a bit of a sod to start coming home, foot on clutch, press start, nothing. started her with foot on brake instead, though now she starts with my foot on either.
any thoughts?
Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Battery, if its been stood a while before you bought it could be buggered, first place to start really.

:)

Sean

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sounds like its been stood for a while. Give it a good run

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
i mean 100ks round trip on motorway at good speed to get everything nice n hot

This will clear out a lot of crxp and also show up anything thats loose, worth the fuel if its been stood Alfas like to be driven

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
evenin all!
stuck some injector cleaner in her tonight so we'll wait n see what that does. on the warning light issue, i think its the clutch microswitch, it did it again this morning, and after reading on here about it, i lifted the clutch pedal up. prob solved (for now). are these microswitches readily available? done a quick search on ebay and found nothing. also are they easy enough to fit, i'm pretty handy with a spanner:)
cheers guys!
Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts