1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start the car there seems to be a light clunk from the engine area
feels like a loose fitting
any ideas she s done 118k
just had upper ns strut fitted which has improved handling,dont think that has anything to do with the knock though
:confused:

L

·
0 Posts
on flat ground put the car in 5th gear, hand brake off. Open the bonnet & rock the car forwards & backward, you should be able to see if the top stabiliser bar is moving excessively. Will also show up any excess play in the rear gear box mounting

L

·
0 Posts
now put your hand in above the wheels, grab the up right of the suspension & rock it in/out as hard as you can. Any movement will mean the top wishbone/s need changing

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
when i start the car there seems to be a light clunk from the engine area
feels like a loose fitting
any ideas she s done 118k
just had upper ns strut fitted which has improved handling,dont think that has anything to do with the knock though
:confused:
did it knock before strut fitted and what you term strut i know it as a shock absorber or you mean top wishbone?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
top wishbone was replaced

yup replaced 3 days ago and all good no play now
yes it knocked b4
ive tried rocking it in 5th seems solid enough

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Just a thought here. Sure it's not your aircon clutch clicking in. They do clunk when they engage and it would only do it a second or two after the engine has started :) Does sound like a something loose sort of sound. easy to check. justy get someone to turn the aircon buton off then the on while you listen under the bonnet :)

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Just a thought here. Sure it's not your aircon clutch clicking in. They do clunk when they engage and it would only do it a second or two after the engine has started :) Does sound like a something loose sort of sound. easy to check. justy get someone to turn the aircon buton off then the on while you listen under the bonnet :)
his slight clunk is a click soooooooo clunk click every trip :cheese::cheese:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
:D good ol'd sir jimmy .....RIP :(

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts