Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meant to post this ages ago, but I forgot.

So, when I took the Polo for an MOT, i got the usual 'it'll be an hour or so, mate'. So I took a little stroll through the village, and eventually came across a church. Given it was the only building of interest, I took a peek. Grand architecture mixed with the sorrows of the past; some of the scriptures on the gravestones were enough to make you cry; children less than eight outliving their parents. You just wonder what horrors took a child at eight, or 18 months. Or the sad but heartfelt stones that identified a couple buried together.

To the left of the church was a park. Kids were playing on the swings in the playground or running about; kids being the kids. Slightly beyond them, a fairground company was setting up. To my right, was the main road and its traffic flow was temporarily controlled by lights as the workers dug up a pipe or something.

And then it struck me.

In this tiny spot, all of life and being was summarised. Kids/youth/the re-birth, were playing on one side. On the other side of me, in the ultimate destination, was a celebration of lives that had passed.

And, in the middle of the two significant events, was the roadworks; and the roadworks were a metaphor for life's long and often interrupted journey, a journey that ultimately takes us from one state of being, to the next.

It was all here.

I felt happy and sad at the same time :cool:

And yes, the Polo passed :)

J

·
0 Posts
i would have seen it as a rowdy bunch of kids making a noise and a bunch of workmen making a noise whilst i sat in the church yard.....

I prefer you view on life Scudetto

·
Registered
17,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pass or fail Paul - it's all part of the road we're cruising :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The missus and I spent time cleaning up some of the families headstones a while back, and found it sort of spiritually satisfying? Nice post there as always Scud.:):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts