Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
his alfa owners hope u r fine.......

just need to take your opinion about something.....

my piston rings are worn and need to be changed. some people told me about a chemical called resurs that is putted with the engine oil and it has iron particles that fills the holes or somethng like that and this is instead of changing my piston rings

does this work?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Sounds dubious to me... If there was iron particles in the oil they would wreck your bearings until the oil filter eventually removed them.

If they're so small the filter can't trap them, they'll surely pass by the rings without stopping to fill in the gaps.

New rings will give your motor a complete new lease of life.. it'll be like you fitted a new engine.. so don't skimp on it. Fit new rings!

Ralf S.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Used piston seal, in a tube, like toothpaste, in my A7 BSA Shooting Star, when I was a teenager.:): Still smoked on the drive side piston, which had a hard time when compared to it's twin brother.:): P.E.P pistons, Chord Rings, Oilmaster Ditto. were all the rage once upon a time. Modern oils, and engine materials, have advanced a lot since those days.:):

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,374 Posts
Tried some stuff years ago in a sick Imp - didn't work at all. Reports on the new stuff now on the market sound impressive but it's not cheap. Is it worth a punt ? Dunno, pays yer money and.......

N

·
0 Posts
Something you chuck in through the oil filler cap
repairing warn piston rings? I'd have
to ask where else would it coat?

Looks like it's made in Russia.
Which doesn't fill me with confidence.

:(

·
Registered
666 Posts
I wouldn't risk it. It might cause more damage than it'll prevent. Bite the bullit and get it fixed properly, it'll more than likely be cheaper in the long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts