Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently purchased an elm cable off a well known auction site from the listing by "neewer " and it works fine without fault and comunicates.My other elm cable would not communicate in some areas, the cable would not connect to the engine but would to the gearbox etc. I mention all this because of the issues on the fiatecuscan forums and advice ive also received here re cheap cables.My cable was £12.00 or so and does exactly what it should.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it works.Within the last few days ive used it on a 159 2.4,i sorted the glow plugs and a couple of 147s incl proxy realignment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Cables

Dumb question, but I know some of these cables will not work on GTV`s without a mod.
So, will this EML cable work on a phase 1 GTV 2.0lt and what about the other three diagnostic cables mentioned here? and will I need all of them?

Ta,
PJ

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im pretty sure phase 1 gtvs need a different cable cos the port connector is the old type. The elm cable works fine on 147s or phase2 spiders etc. Kindly note ive also got one of rearbears cables for connecting to abs and airbags.

D

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Yes it works.Within the last few days ive used it on a 159 2.4,i sorted the glow plugs and a couple of 147s incl proxy realignment.
apologies for knowing nothing about these cables, but do you think it is likely to work on a 2006 GT?

do you use it with FES?

·
Registered
204 Posts
"The cf1 used the older 3 pin configuration so a kkl cable and
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16PIN-OBD2...item336939440e"

So I need the OBD 16pin/3pin cable... and a KKL cable? or are they the same thing?
Can I get a download to run all this on my laptop and if so where please.

Thanks lads,
PJ

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zedex10 , i cant see why not and the cable is only about 12 quid and connects to fiatecuscan and the car without any issues .I have used it countless times on various models of Alfas without fault although i not suggesting it perfect its just ive had no issues.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
ELM only works on CANBUS cars, so later 147 and GTs, and newer models like the 159.

The 156 and probably the GTV will need a VAG-COM KKL interface.

Read the FiatEcuScan and AlfaDiag websites for a full low-down on what works with what.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts