Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Does look tidy, but it'll need at the very least a replacement seat and belts as they are lifed, and I imagine the ones fitted will be well out of date.;)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
It looks pretty cheap at the moment. I wonder if it is still solid?

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
With tighter noise limits side-exit exhausts went away quite a while ago (probably soon after he purchased it!), so it will likely need a new full length exhaust too, but that it easy to knock up especially if it has a small tank.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
You've put this link on, and you got me viewing and searching !
Came across a 3ltr 75 I woudlnt mind buying, especially at that price !

Why are you doing this to me ? :cry:
If only my grandparents house wasnt in London where you need to pay for parking permits, I would buy it and leave it there for whenever I'm in the UK !!! :rant:

P

·
0 Posts
yeah i watched that finish too Ad, and have to agree.

as for the engine, he mentions "chambered" heads, which i think he meant to chamfered heads, as in the slope on the rocker covers, so i suspect it was a 1700 8v,

which is nice!

but the car i wished i'd had a go at was the 3.0 V6 75 barn find, £510 i think it finished at, NO RESERVE.

thats a 3k car, and a dream car for me personally waiting to be fettled into shape if ever i've seen one,

darn it!!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
The later 1500 cc heads where chamber'd, with flat top pistons, the earlier 1500 heads (even on twin carbs) had flat heads and dished pistons.

I sold a set of brunswick 1500 flat heads to just suds.....good power and excellent torque.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
The later 1500 cc heads where chamber'd, with flat top pistons, the earlier 1500 heads (even on twin carbs) had flat heads and dished pistons.
Exactly.
People also discovered that in some markets the 1.5 got bigger carbs, so the allowed carb size went up as well...!

all that became irrelevant when the class changed to 1.7 though and again when they allowed 16v in as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts