Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting rear ended and sustaining £2500 worth of damage I've resigned myself to the fact that my Gtv is a write-off.

For anyone one on here who has broken GTVs I'm wondering how much you've made from doing it. I don't want my car to be resigned to a scrap heap but with the amount of time and effort involved I need to know whether it is viable and worthwile to buy it back and break it. Apart from the rear (and right rear wing) the car is perfect

It's a TS phase 1 with 48k on the clock.

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
What colour is it Bob?

PS: I would buy it back! Its worth more as the sum of its parts, but! its the hassle of breaking, advertising, selling, posting that may get you down! I reckon you should be able to buy for £500 and sell engine alone for £500+

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
If it had been silver i would have had the bonnet and front bumper!:( I would buy it back though and advertise the parts here and on a certain auction site!;)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My girly just bought her cat D punto back for £180, it cost 36 quid for a wing, 40 quid for ebay bumper and 100 for paint, sold it for 1300, so buy it back bob, u MIGHT find an economical way to repair it, the other thing is (if u dont want to break it) buy another TS it will never cost you anything again in repairs, u already have all the bits!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
hey, if you break it can I have the 'white' nylon nuts that hold the carpet in place in the boot please. I can only buy them in packs of ten from a main dealer for £11. So if you want I can make you your first profit as a breaker. Seriously, you can name your price....(as long as it's under a fiver:))

·
Registered
12,814 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have broke a Gtv before, and it was worth it,
the lights, engine, interior, panels, and niggley bits all worth money, but really depends how much time and space u have

1 - 9 of 9 Posts