Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have an air circulation in my (G 1750 BTI), the flaps open although the air circulation is set to closed position, setting the air circulation to A or closed, doesn't change anything, also, when ac is on, sometimes its cold and sometimes it blows outside air, i cant seem to know what is the problem.

On heat, one side is hot and the right passenger side is cold any ideas to tackle this issue

Please help........

lallous

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
On heat, one side is hot and the right passenger side is cold any ideas to tackle this issue
This will be a problem with one of the rectangular-shaped motors that moves the flaps, found behind the glovebox for RHD, I don't know about left hand drive. The motors look like the ones found on the Stilo. It might be the drive hex-shaped key that has sheared.

I advise getting a licensed copy of MultiECUScan set up - then connect to the climate control ECU, and it will name one of the motors as faulty (e.g. Right side air blend motor). To figure out which motor has that name, try unplugging each motor in turn (which generates a different fault code that you can later clear).

When mine had this fault, the dealer had two tries at fixing it and eventually ordered a new motor.

-Alex

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alex, it seems that it is cooling properly now for a few days, i do not wish to disassemble the dash, i really do not know what to do if there is a fault, is it an easy job?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This will be a problem with one of the rectangular-shaped motors that moves the flaps, found behind the glovebox for RHD, I don't know about left hand drive. The motors look like the ones found on the Stilo. It might be the drive hex-shaped key that has sheared.

I advise getting a licensed copy of MultiECUScan set up - then connect to the climate control ECU, and it will name one of the motors as faulty (e.g. Right side air blend motor). To figure out which motor has that name, try unplugging each motor in turn (which generates a different fault code that you can later clear).

When mine had this fault, the dealer had two tries at fixing it and eventually ordered a new motor.

-Alex
Thanks Alex, it seems that it is cooling properly now for a few days, i do not wish to disassemble the dash, i really do not know what to do if there is a fault, is it an easy job?
Also, could you please advie me on how to ret the dual zone climate in my G? Thanks again

·
Registered
72 Posts
same for mine... high probability this broke for you to... seems common on ARs. Any help to identify this with part number for order would be truly sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aircon reset

Hello Guys, could you please advice me on how to reset a dual zone aircon? I have a GQV 2010
Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same for mine... high probability this broke for you to... seems common on ARs. Any help to identify this with part number for order would be truly sweet.
you can identify it on eper website, they have all the spare parts ofr AR's, just enter your VIN and you can browse all parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what is this, where did you get it from, i think the flap motor is broken, is this part of the motor?

·
Registered
36,847 Posts
Common on ARs ?
I thought the AC was a (GM) Delco unit as on a Vauxhall /Opel of the same size?

·
Registered
72 Posts
what is this, where did you get it from, i think the flap motor is broken, is this part of the motor?
Mech checked the motor for me. so this was broken. but i've no idea which part does it belong to and i've gone thru the Fiat's website to search for all ac related parts and still no idea..:biglaugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts