Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys / Girls,
I have just got my first Alfa. (GT 2.0 JTS Blackline) :thumbs: and thought it would be a good idea to join in the discussions. First impressions of the car, not bad? Getting the car up and running seems to be a bit of a battle, so hence I am going to book it in for a remap with Gus. (any feedback on that will be helpfull) Also Stainless exhaust going on from Custom Pipes in Doncaster tommorow. And then a few tweeks from Gareth at Northern Alfa on Monday. So fingers crossed it should solve a few of my little issues. I am sure the car is great, but my problem I think is adjusting from a 3.2 Audi TT DSG, (lots of issues with that. If anybody does fancy one, get a manual!!!!) I will post back when I have got the bits done and let you know my thoughts. And once again hello to everyone. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Remap, exhaust and induction is a good idea for the 2.0 JTS so good on ya. It is a good engine but doesn't really feel the claimed 165bhp so the tweaks you are having done should make it feel more like it. It does handle well tough

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi guys, Yes. When I mean up and running IE getting going, I feel like you really have to give it some revs to stop it stuttering. Once you get into the bigger gears it is fine. Also i think i need to change down the box sooner to get the engine breaking working? Its only due to the fact of having the DSG box in the Audi and i also have a diesel Astra, so its getting used to the manual petrol again. as for the mods, i am hoping it inproves the performance as that is the only let down at the moment as the car is stunning to look at. I have always had quick cars and bikes so i thought it was about time to do the right thing and get an Alfa!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Great purchase. One of the truly different and special looking cars out there. But I would say that.

I hope the mods get the car to a spec that makes you smile. My oil burner regularly makes me grin like an idiot!

DSGs are great, until they go wrong. A girlfriend of mine had the box in an A3 diesel, worked really well until it needed a £3K warranty rebuild.....gulp....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a big gulp £2500 for the mecatronic unit in the gearbox plus other bits. Even when I got it back, I still think there was an issue, IE gear box itself, so that is why it went. I went for the JTS as I also have a 150cdti estate(remapped to 190bhp) with the xpac and the vxr wheels,. The 3.2 was an option, but I am usually sat in traffic so it seems a bit pointless, so hence the no brainer. JTS it was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts