Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
47,903 Posts
I thought I recognised it as a 156, but has it been disguised a bit?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To me it looks like they've blanked off the parts of the rear lights in the bootlid and taken the badges off, otherwise it's unmistakeable. I did have to rewind Sky+ to double-check though. It was the lack of rear door handles that gave it away :cool:

G

·
Italian cars seem to get singled out a bit, I remember a breakdown advert that featured a Lancia a while back. Still there are a couple of ads about where VW's and Beemers are getting trashed.

G

·
I was going to post this advert up the other day after seeing it but couldn't find the adv itself anywhere online.

Poor 156, :(

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Probably had the standard Alfa brake pads fitted :p

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i very much doubt they trashed a perfectly good car, more likely they went to a scrap yard and bought a right off with front end damage

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
There's a beer ad in Australia where a giant beer glass crushes through a luxury car yard, destroying two Jag S-types which are pushed aside to reveal a 166 :cool:

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
i very much doubt they trashed a perfectly good car, more likely they went to a scrap yard and bought a right off with front end damage
Exactly what I thought too. You see, insurance companies are cheap by nature.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
They'll have to disguise the car a bit or the manufacturer may take offence.

The Direct Line 3-series was just about recognisable but it still had no Beemer badges.

The old Lancia was okay undisguised as Lancia had no UK sales operation to be disturbed by the sight of one being wrecked.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
That's what I thought.

bit of CGI to blank out the badges and distinguihing features... (lights etc..)

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Mates in TV production, it was a selespeed with a bust cambelt!

They were also offered a mint looking red GTV with a bust bottom end

They didnt ask for Alfas!

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
To me it looks like they've blanked off the parts of the rear lights in the bootlid and taken the badges off, otherwise it's unmistakeable. I did have to rewind Sky+ to double-check though. It was the lack of rear door handles that gave it away :cool:
Lol, I did exactly the same.. it was what Sky+ was invented for :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts