Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm a new member to this friendly forum and would love some advise on my problem

It's over heating badly, I have taken it to a Garage (not an Alfa speciallist) who has pulled the thermostat out and checked the flow of the water and there doesn't seem to be an issue there but when driven it just heats up way over 100 quite quicly and dumps all of it's water again, he seems to think it may be the water pump now but I'm starting to worry that he may be barking up the wrong tree so to spaek!!! the thermo fans kick in when it is warmed up on thje spot but when driven they are not working? Any advise would be greatly appreciated, I'm hoping I have not damged the head(s)

thanks

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Hello and welcome, tools99.

i don't have the answer to your query but if you seek out the technical section on AO or even (dare I say it) the same section on www.sportsalfa.com I'm sure you'll find the answer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and welcome !!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to the site, hope you sort your problem out :)

W

·
0 Posts
Will said:
i don't have the answer to your query but if you seek out the technical section on AO or even (dare I say it) the same section on www.sportsalfa.com I'm sure you'll find the answer.

Good luck.
I hope the users of that site also point people to here :p

Anyway....what does the rad look like? Could be the fins have all dropped off...but, it does sound like the water pump.

wrinx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts