Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The red dash light is on and staying on, and I cannot find the manual. Does anyone know where I can get an online manual? Or what the light indicates?

Thanks lots!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
There are several - the one by the gear lever is just handbrake. The one in the fuel gauge is low fuel. The other is ignition or oil pressure.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
this is an instructions book (owners book) from a 76 veloce spider (australian import), if it helps (not sure of the differences)
oops, it will not download, too big....so go here to the thread on alfaBB and download it direct - scroll down to post#60, it is there in a pdf:
Originality of 1972 Spider - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

I would really ascertain if it is the low oil pressure light that is on, cause then i would not drive the car till you fixed it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both

That's really helped.

It is the oil pressure, sigh. I'll top her up first and see if that helps. Otherwise another visit to the garage beckons....:eek:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Before you spend money at a garage, there are some easy checks:
Does your normal oil pressure guage read Ok whilst that warning light is on?

If so, your oil pressure is very likely OK!

Then it is probably just the "low oil pressure warning light sender" at fault, usually screwed into the left hand side of the engine just near the rear of the alternator (see photo)...........with ignition off, take off the one wire going to it...........then turn on ignition and see if the light is out (it should be, if it doesn't you have a short in the wire somewhere), then earth that wire on the engine, and the light should go on again.........sender costs a few quid and easy to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts