Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am hoping to cut some 6x9s into my shelf tomorrow, where are the mounting points and how easily does it come out? Sorry for being lazy, guess I could have gone outside and had a look for myself :rolleyes: Thanx!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Firstly take the seat base out, then the seat back, remove the felt covering from the roof of the boot, undo the bolt in the centre near the light, should just come straight out then. Oh and good luck fitting the 6x9's

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The felt covering of the boot shouldn't be too hard. most of them are falling out anyway!!!

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After my recent experiences I'm quite glad that the shelf is solidly mounted and not the type that ends up under the arms of local 'spotty yoofs' at 3am! The same 'yoofs' that go on to break door mirrors when in their Tipo! :mad:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
you might find 6x9" a bit of a squeeze youd be better off with a small sub and upgraded compatable size speakers , there is a section of steel support under there only thin but this helps stiffness to it all try and avoid cutting . wink

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Fletch I will prob stick with the 6x9s as I've got a sweet JL sub which will prob be too much without some 6x9 volume as was the case with the 2 Eminence subs I had stolen recently. At least this time I'll make sure nothing is left in the car that can be removed without a couple of hours labour!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sorry to hear that mate its really bad when someone screws your car it leaves you with the shall i claim on insurance dilemma or just fix yourself , i know my excess in liverpool is about £300 and youve gotta weigh up weather its worth it or not.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob155
[Q the car that can be removed without a couple of hours labour![/QB]
6*9 don't make sense since the thick material under the speakers will damped the bass.
Might as well replace the original 16.5 ones (get some shallow ones or to play with a saw).

what god of a box do u use and in which direction does it hit?

I got CV and Alpine V12 running, JVC MP3 head unit

l8er

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Personally, if you are running a sub as well, you can get away with better quality 16.5's (standard size) running about 60hz upwards. 6x9's at full range as well as a sub would give too much bass for my liking. Are you powering the rears from the head unit or Amp?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rears from the head unit or Amp?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Head unit for now, a new amp (alpine v12 mrv-405) is planned for front and back. Don't really need the power (front consists of JBL GT 4") but I'll use the Xover on the amp to control the speakers.

anyway, tried to fit 13cm in the front.... it doesn't fit! argh

l8er

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fletch:
thats what them their doors are for. :D
NO way am I cutting them.......noooooo way eek!

To that you have to cut the panels eek! , damped the inside (moisture, electrical windows, sqeeks afterwards, smell).
Seen special panels by Phonocar but they made in only in black frown

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, i've got door pods mounted with a cut out behind, not had any problems with damp, noise etc at all.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
out behind, not had any problems with damp, noise etc at all.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Just the thought of cutting up my doors makes me brrrrrrrrrr......... no waay

·
Registered
715 Posts
Got a spare parcel shelf if anyone if you make a mess!! Comes with blinds too from 97 R plate.

Mine rattles though a bit now with the base so be careful when you put it back in. Also worth investing in a trim removing forked tool to get the pop studs out that hold the front of the shelf in behind the seat. Makes life easier as the studs are brittle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts