Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My downpipe is rotten to the point of being practically non-existent. I patched it up to get me by a few months after spending thousands this year on various works, I was just spent out, but it's given up the ghost and I suspect it's terminal this time. I'd love to splash on an Alfaholics stainless beauty but I can't justify it. So does anybody have any suggestions for a decent brand of downpipe? I know the standard design has flaws whereby the two pipes are crushed together to fit into the single pipe, but this is something I shall put up with for a lesser price at this moment in time. Just to reiterate, it's a late 1997 Ph1.5 CF1 2.0TS Spider.

Thanks in advance all,
James.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Hi all.

My downpipe is rotten to the point of being practically non-existent. I patched it up to get me by a few months after spending thousands this year on various works, I was just spent out, but it's given up the ghost and I suspect it's terminal this time. I'd love to splash on an Alfaholics stainless beauty but I can't justify it. So does anybody have any suggestions for a decent brand of downpipe? I know the standard design has flaws whereby the two pipes are crushed together to fit into the single pipe, but this is something I shall put up with for a lesser price at this moment in time. Just to reiterate, it's a late 1997 Ph1.5 CF1 2.0TS Spider.

Thanks in advance all,
James.

You could have a word with Nathan at Cloverbreakers, they keep many parts from the P1 916 Alfas in stock, I'm sure they will have one in good condition. Very reasonably priced as well.

Apart from the Alfaholics option you mention (which I'm sure will be great) I would be more careful with pattern parts. They may be ok, but generally they tend not to last as long as the original parts.

·
Vendor
45,465 Posts
I've fitted a few of those over the years and not been all that impressed. TBH I'd rather spend £40 on a decent second hand one from a breaker.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The alfaholics downpipes are the ones to get if you can stretch the budget they are well worth it....and should last for a long time.....

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I think I've found a properly made one in alfisti.net ricambi shop. The pipes look properly cut and welded in properly as per the original genuine item, but is less than half the price of the Alfaholics part including delivery from Germany. Put the order in so fingers crossed all is good!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Certainly, the aftermarket parts available in Britain look pretty shoddy at best

1 - 8 of 8 Posts